Like Tree4Likes

Shanghai Copycat

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If they can replicate Apple stores .... I'd suspect that a Thai restaurant would not be all that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If they can replicate Apple stores .... I'd suspect that a Thai restaurant would not be all that difficult.
    Oh yea, those Apple stores where the crew just thought they worked for the 'real deal'.
    Only in China

Shanghai Copycat

But were the Apple stores selling originals or copies? I kind of doubt the folks on the street don't know the difference between real deal and copy, especially for something as "important" as the latest iPhone!

Last edited by 100LL; 15-11-2014 at 06:02 AM.

I wonder how many customers the HK place will lose because of that. Probably none. And that free worldwide media attention won't do much harm either.

BTW, if I want good and authentic Thai food I go to Kowloon city, to places that have no chopsticks.

lingc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I wonder how many customers the HK place will lose because of that. Probably none. And that free worldwide media attention won't do much harm either.

BTW, if I want good and authentic Thai food I go to Kowloon city, to places that have no chopsticks.
    any good place you would recommend there? I only tried to ones in HK island, especially on Amoy Street they have nice ones and relatively cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    any good place you would recommend there? I only tried to ones in HK island, especially on Amoy Street they have nice ones and relatively cheap!
    There are a 100 or so small Thai places. I have been in a few and find them all pretty much ok. Was a few month ago in Wanchai in a small one and it was nice too. I think as long as it's Thai run it should be ok.

I remember one Thai place put the fermented crab crap in the papaya salad, that's when it gets too authentic for me (to be fair, they did ask and I didn't know what it was).
    Plutark likes this.

yes as long as it's Thai run it's good. However the two that are on Luard Road in Wanchai are quite bad, the two times I went there the food wasn't fresh and tasted crap, left without finishing it.
    I'll try in Kowloon just to have another environment, I love Thai food.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    I'll try in Kowloon just to have another environment, I love Thai food.
    Not just Kowloon, Kowloon City it is. It's like little Bangkok with Thai groceries, Thai barber shops etc. Check South Wall Rd. and the parallels.
    Plutark likes this.

awesome - definitely will check this one out. Never heard of that place!

price level?

Sent from my iPod touch using GeoClicks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast