Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By wtbhotia
  • 1 Post By pin
  • 2 Post By Zero Gravitas

Stopping credit card payment

Closed Thread

Stopping credit card payment

i made a one off purchase on line several months ago and to my surprise i recieved an e mail today that they have again debited 220HKD from my credit card and i will have a rolling monthly debit thereafter for a subscription i dont want.

i replied that i wish to cancel but no reply from them.

I contacted BEA today to try to at least stop future debits by this merchant but was told by credit card hotline to simply contact the merchant and get them to cancel the direct debit. I told her i tried that and it did not work . She said they had no way to stop my card being debited.

Can anyone give advice - i just want the bank to refuse future payment by this merchant , the debit made already i can write off .

Thanks

cancel the credit card, then reapply for a new one.

jrkob, Claire ex-ax, emx and 2 others like this.

Tell the bank to cancel this card and issue you a new one. Pain in the ass I know, but if the bank can't stop the direct debit, I don't see another choice.

Report to bank that the transaction is FAKE and cancelled. If no further action, should call police.

what pron site were you visiting?

wtbhotia likes this.

Exactly, cancel the card. That's your only bet. I had that happen with Verizon Wireless for my internet in the US. They continued to charge me for 2 years. Finally got the money back but they just didn't want to stop the debit or the transactions. FYI, I did fulfill the contract and moved. They just wouldn't cancel it. I think the rep gets a demerit or something.

Thanks after speaking to the BEA call centre manager who amazingly returned my call after hours it seems cancelling the card is in fact the best option.

Also claim a charge back on the previous payment, tell the bank it was not an authorised payment. Merchant has to provide proof to the bank to dispute it.

wtbhotia and hongkong7 like this.