Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Sending parcels HK to India

Sending parcels HK to India

I have a business parcel to send to India (brochures etc). Its not particularly time sensitive - does mail work? Any issues I should know about? I wouldn't mail anything to China because it seems not to arrive, but India?

Can anyone with experience comment?

etko1 likes this.

Don't do it. It'll mostly get stuck in customs and either go missing or get levied with a charge.

Where in India are you sending it?

Better to courier.

The problem with India is the customs delays. I recently sent out three identical packages of legal documents to Mumbai by EMS, Courier and registered mail. They all got there in a week and the EMS shipment was a day quicker.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79
    Don't do it. It'll mostly get stuck in customs and either go missing or get levied with a charge.

Where in India are you sending it?
    Delhi. Why a customs charge for brochures?

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Why a customs charge for brochures?
    Because they can. We tried to send some printed brochures before and they wanted a small amount of money for it, but being India the amount of paperwork and delay it caused to pay it meant they missed the event they were printed specifically for!!

Now we always send them over whenever anybody travels there.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

It was only a small number of office-printed/bound brochures and some calendars. Going to a personal address (the Mother of our guy who's doing the meetings, who is in Australia which is why he wanted them to go ahead of him....). If they don't arrive we can live with it. They ended up in the post this afternoon before most of the replies

I never actually checked if they arrived - the trips all over now (so the person who was trying to sell me courier services by personal message might want to look at the date of threads before they waste their time!)

Can anyone help me out, “how can I send cosmetic goods or parcel to India northeast from HK? I heard one of my friends parcel of hair treatment shampoo was stuck in custom. Is there any trading company or save way to send?

Quote Originally Posted by timnaga
    Can anyone help me out, “how can I send cosmetic goods or parcel to India northeast from HK? I heard one of my friends parcel of hair treatment shampoo was stuck in custom. Is there any trading company or save way to send?
    Not used them myself but give them a call

Welcome to UBX: United Business Xpress : HONG KONG
    timnaga likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast