Like Tree16Likes

Average American has low or no saving.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Average American has low or no saving.

The Average American's Saving Habits -- 9 Scary Statistics -- The Motley Fool

This also applies to many white collar professionals earning over 100k.

I thought the average American was in debt. Things must be getting better over there

MandM! likes this.

I think the figures would be similar in the UK and many western countries.

Gratification is the new thing. Drinking and smoking are priorities. New cars and hand bags. Not property. Then blame the government why they don't have enough cash for a home!!

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Gratification is the new thing. Drinking and smoking are priorities. New cars and hand bags. Not property. Then blame the government why they don't have enough cash for a home!!
    Gratification is hardly a new thing. In fact it is probably the oldest thing.
    Open Casket and Kinch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Drinking and smoking are both down, not as big of a problem as when I was growing up.

New cars & hand bags? Are you sure you're not describing the issues in China?

The system has been rigged for a while ... worth reading some of the theories behind what is facing the millennials and also what is facing some our kids who presumably are not yet millennials.

Low starting salaries, high cost of useless degrees, many entry levels jobs can be automated or outsourced away, costs of wars being fought, transfer of wealth to rescue banking systems at the cost of education and health...

Handbags, cars, drinking and smoking type comments are just distractions which convince us that the system is ok, but these are problems of self entitled kids.

Open Casket, MandM! and Kinch like this.

Aw, poor Millennials. Living such a hard life, so many trials. Poor babies, can't just stay inside watching TV all day.

WHen I was a kid I had to walk 10km to school barefoot in the snow

(I didn't read the article obviously )

shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast