Like Tree8Likes

Inflation in HK - March 2016

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am no expert, but it is my understanding that certain goods tend to become cheaper over time as manufacturing becomes more efficient. This is true for electronics and could be why that chart shows a trend of declining prices. Think about when mobile phones were first released, they were obnoxiously oversized and extremely expensive, now you can purchase the same technology for less than $50USD and it fits in the palm of your hand.

Original Post Deleted
    are these sub indexes in that spreadsheet I downloaded? Not opened it yet.

Would it then be possible to take some of those numbers and adjust them to real spending patterns.

Say, if x% of your spending goes to rent, y% goes to private education, z% goes to petrol etc ... what is the real impact of the inflationary numbers to your bottom line?

Most of the numbers do not impact us on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Would it then be possible to take some of those numbers and adjust them to real spending patterns.

Say, if x% of your spending goes to rent, y% goes to private education, z% goes to petrol etc ... what is the real impact of the inflationary numbers to your bottom line?

Most of the numbers do not impact us on a regular basis.
    Yes I have seen that done for different groups before.

Original Post Deleted
    TV costs have gone down very significantly if you consider how much a plasma tv cost about 10 years ago.

Original Post Deleted
    Just hope the school doesn't see these figures then