Like Tree33Likes

Ecommerce Stores lacking in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    How easy is the SF Express consolidation to do with zero ability to read or speak chinese?
    About as easy as somebody that doesn't speak English in Australia/England, when dealing with couriers, I suspect.

Lol
    rickyross likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    how about you stop being a drama queen and move on
    imparanoic likes this.

How easy is the SF Express consolidation to do with zero ability to read or speak chinese?
    Dunno about SF but I've used the shipping forwarder @shri introduced me to exclusively with google translate and it's worked fine so far.

HKTV mall is fairly decent and has an ENG version: 全城優惠 | 香港電視 HKTVmall 網上購物

Food, beauty, helath, fashion, furniture, toys, etc.

imparanoic likes this.

Seriously, if anyone thinks that Yahoo Auction here is bigger than Taobao then they're not connected to the real world as they have their Sony noise-cancellation headphones on.

Half the people of all ages that use Taobao don't even know how to use Yahoo, but the same cannot be said the other way around.

What I'd really want though is a list of things that Taobao will not ship to HK. Every time I try to buy some sort of dog bedding, it sell rejects my order.

TheBrit and jrkob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Seriously, if anyone thinks that Yahoo Auction here is bigger than Taobao then they're not connected to the real world as they have their Sony noise-cancellation headphones on.

Half the people of all ages that use Taobao don't even know how to use Yahoo, but the same cannot be said the other way around.

What I'd really want though is a list of things that Taobao will not ship to HK. Every time I try to buy some sort of dog bedding, it sell rejects my order.
    The article states the facts within my link,

Also note I don't used Sony noise cancellation headphones, I use audiophile grade Walkman nw-zx100 which happens to have noise cancellation built in

Yahoo Hong Kong strengthens e-commerce push | Retail Tech Innovation | Enterprise Innovation

"What these figures are clearly showing us is that mobile shopping is already an unstoppable trend in Hong Kong. An e-commerce leader in Hong Kong, Yahoo Hong Kong proactively meets consumer demand and new expectations for online shopping services, and bravely revolutionizes traditional consumption models to perfect the integration of offline and online shops, leading the market and consumers to a new era of online consumption"

Who cares if either one is more popular than the other - do they come in English? No? Then neither one matters to me

There are tons of items on eBay, it's all in English and they have a great customer protection program. Sames goes for Amazon, and I don't have to worry about regional shipping restrictions thanks to a shipping forwarder and a US-based Paypal account.

No discussing which MTR station to meet at, no dealing with some shitty Mainland shipping courier and no need to contact the seller 99% of the time. Why y'all even bother with Taobao is beyond me.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Yahoo Hong Kong strengthens e-commerce push | Retail Tech Innovation | Enterprise Innovation

"What these figures are clearly showing us is that mobile shopping is already an unstoppable trend in Hong Kong. An e-commerce leader in Hong Kong, Yahoo Hong Kong proactively meets consumer demand and new expectations for online shopping services, and bravely revolutionizes traditional consumption models to perfect the integration of offline and online shops, leading the market and consumers to a new era of online consumption"
    Reads like an advertorial not a real article.

Fairly easy. Manage on my own.
    HK_Katherine likes this.