Like Tree33Likes

Ecommerce Stores lacking in Hong Kong

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    The article states the facts within my link,
    Your article doesn't state Yahoo is bigger than Taobao. It talks about the wide Hong Kong e-commerce market, which is bigger than both Yahoo and Taobao

The company is betting big on the SAR's e-commerce market, which boasts 2.9 million online customers, or 53 percent of the city's online population.
    Yahoo Hong Kong data show that more than 70 percent of the population in Hong Kong and Taiwan use mobile devices for online shopping.
    jrkob likes this.

Yahoo Hong Kong strengthens e-commerce push | Retail Tech Innovation | Enterprise Innovation

"What these figures are clearly showing us is that mobile shopping is already an unstoppable trend in Hong Kong. An e-commerce leader in Hong Kong, Yahoo Hong Kong proactively meets consumer demand and new expectations for online shopping services, and bravely revolutionizes traditional consumption models to perfect the integration of offline and online shops, leading the market and consumers to a new era of online consumption"

Who cares if either one is more popular than the other - do they come in English? No? Then neither one matters to me

There are tons of items on eBay, it's all in English and they have a great customer protection program. Sames goes for Amazon, and I don't have to worry about regional shipping restrictions thanks to a shipping forwarder and a US-based Paypal account.

No discussing which MTR station to meet at, no dealing with some shitty Mainland shipping courier and no need to contact the seller 99% of the time. Why y'all even bother with Taobao is beyond me.

imparanoic likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I mis-believe you are mis-reading this. It states 53% of the population of Hong Kong use e-commerce. It is pretty clear - the "which" refers to the market size, not Yahoo's size.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Yahoo Hong Kong strengthens e-commerce push | Retail Tech Innovation | Enterprise Innovation

"What these figures are clearly showing us is that mobile shopping is already an unstoppable trend in Hong Kong. An e-commerce leader in Hong Kong, Yahoo Hong Kong proactively meets consumer demand and new expectations for online shopping services, and bravely revolutionizes traditional consumption models to perfect the integration of offline and online shops, leading the market and consumers to a new era of online consumption"
    Reads like an advertorial not a real article.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    How easy is the SF Express consolidation to do with zero ability to read or speak chinese?
    Fairly easy. Manage on my own.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4