Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Plutark
  • 1 Post By Plutark

headhunter recommendations

Closed Thread

headhunter recommendations

HI everyone,

I'm new to HK, moved here to be with my girl. Now I need a job. Does anyone have any recommendation for IT headhunters here in HK? I would ideally like to talk to them if possible as applying for jobs on JOBDB etc. feels like I'm shooting into the wind. I only have English as a spoken language and I will need sponsorship.

I have over 10 years experience being an application support analyst (Windows, Unix, Oracle DB, Control-M admin, Operations). I also have current ITIL training.

Does anyone out there have anybody in their address book that they would be willing to share their details with me? Or any recommendations on any companies I should be contacting?

I would be extremely grateful if someone out there has the man/woman who can help me land my next role.

Jon

looking for a job in HK is a pain in the ass. Most recruiters never follow up and are only interested in getting your details to build their database. In HK it's all about who you know, see if you can go to some meetup about IT/Tech and network from there.
    You can try Linkedin as well but don't waste your time with applying from there as I never got any answer by doing that there, just reach out to people directly. Try Efinancials as well, IT roles in finance is probably best way to go.

What status is your visa? you are just visiting here or have dependent visa (which would make things a lot easier).

jimbo likes this.

Thanks Plutark,

I'm only on a tourist visa currently as I wasn't keen on getting married for the sake of a visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    What status is your visa? you are just visiting here or have dependent visa (which would make things a lot easier).
    Definitely on a visitor visa, he moved over for LOVE and needs sponsorship as stated in his Original post.

I've been in touch with MorganMcKinley over the years and so far been pretty ok.

The problem you have is that your skill set is pretty common here in HK so you need to offer something extra that locals or those on dependant visas don't have.

Try the usual suspects such as Hudson, Robert Half, Robert Walters and Hays.

I have found it is better to find recruiter that have worked in the industry as they know what you have been doing. Otherwise they just quote whatever keywords they found and will push lot of rubbish roles. You are in the right time to look for a job, there is this musical chair game in HK where a lot of people quit once they get their bonus, which is supposed to come end of this month. I can check with my mate who works in IT if he's got some good contact. I'm also looking for a job at the moment, it can be very challenging here as some companies can't be bothered applying for dependent visa. I did my move via internal transfer and they used another company that does that for you, visa was processed in like 2 weeks.

chuckster007 likes this.

Thank you for the replies, a few recruiters I haven't noticed yet.