Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Bitcoin discussion

its probably the bitcoin bubble which will cause the next financial crisis. Not the property bubble in HK and China.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy
    its probably the bitcoin bubble which will cause the next financial crisis.
    Nah. Bitcoin is irrelevant for 99.999% of the world, and 100% irrelevant for financial institutions.
    jrkob and MandM! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Nah. Bitcoin is irrelevant for 99.999% of the world, and 100% irrelevant for financial institutions.
    But bad things happen in threes...
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Bitcoin is the party that banks, financial institutions and governments are not invited to. When cash is gone and your fortune is electronic ones and zeros determined by the bank, then we're really going to see if Bitcoin is needed. Cyprus haircut anyone? Perhaps they don't like your brand of politics and shut you down like Le Pen last week.

Heard tulips were popular in Europe once

TheBrit likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern
    Bitcoin is the party that banks, financial institutions and governments are not invited to. When cash is gone and your fortune is electronic ones and zeros determined by the bank, then we're really going to see if Bitcoin is needed. Cyprus haircut anyone? Perhaps they don't like your brand of politics and shut you down like Le Pen last week.
    Can you recommend a tinfoil hat?
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ern
    That is something I don't get. Do people holding bitcoin really believe that crap? Bitcoin is the future and will replace the financial system and banks? Can I get some of those drugs as well?
    As if any government would just adopt bitcoin instead of making their own cryptocurrency and forcing it on their citizens. Why would anyone give up control of the monetary system? What's gonna happen instead is that more countries will outlaw btc to fiat exchanges in the name of anti-terror and money laundering controls.
    The future might be crypto, but most certainly will not be open source.
    TheBrit, shri, jrkob and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    That is something I don't get. Do people holding bitcoin really believe that crap? Bitcoin is the future and will replace the financial system and banks? Can I get some of those drugs as well?
    As if any government would just adopt bitcoin instead of making their own cryptocurrency and forcing it on their citizens. Why would anyone give up control of the monetary system? What's gonna happen instead is that more countries will outlaw btc to fiat exchanges in the name of anti-terror and money laundering controls.
    The future might be crypto, but most certainly will not be open source.
    I couldn't agree more. The future might be blockchain, it might be crypto but it sure as hell isn't Bitcoin. You need a particularly closed minded view, ignoring the political and economic reality to think Bitcoin will ever replace or even complement USD or HKD. Six minute transaction times is my particular favourite feature

It's amazing isn't it? All I'm saying is the future development will prove interesting. The financial types, without a scintilla of self doubt considering their track record, then lay out how the future is going to be. At least I know I don't know.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast