Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Chinese landlord screwed me - options ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Drop me a message if you need any help.
    Semi-seriously - you're now on the list of people I should be nice to or at the very minimum, afraid of.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Probably your employee told the landlord that you are winding up -- but did you fulfil the minimum term of the lease? It sounds like the landlord thinks you're gonna bail and have some remaining months left. Try to get your stuff out first.

Get advice from somebody knowing the rules in China and the details of your case . Even if expert advice will be provided by free of charge, you will need a translator as he or she will probably be speaking in Mandarin or Cantonese.

Quote Originally Posted by lighthse003
    Get advice from somebody knowing the rules in China and the details of your case . Even if expert advice will be provided by free of charge, you will need a translator as he or she will probably be speaking in Mandarin or Cantonese.
    May your candle burn bright forever.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    Probably your employee told the landlord that you are winding up -- but did you fulfil the minimum term of the lease? It sounds like the landlord thinks you're gonna bail and have some remaining months left. Try to get your stuff out first.
    The minimum term was fulfilled, that is no issue. The original contract was signed years and years ago, and it was never formally or informally renewed more than us continuing to pay rent every month.

Either way, flying to china and getting the stuff out on short notice is not possible for me. I also dont think, knowing the landlord, he will keep it for us for a particularly long time so once I got around to going there the stuff would already have been disposed of.

So, as the value of the contents still is quite small only solution would be something similar to hk small claims tribunal, but I am getting the impression there is no such thing in china.

rs4

Guess you are all set

Even if there is some court system, you still have to show up.

And seems your geographic location doesn't make any sense. Where are you now that you can't go to Shenzhen.

And Hk$150k of what equipment. Why don't you instruct your staff to remove the most valuable stuff first.

Many things you could do but it's sounding shady that you're trying to go the difficult route.

civil_servant likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12