Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree17Likes

partnership

In case you need another second opinion from a Conveyancing law firm, my contacts are located in Central and Yuen Long. Cantonese-speaking for sure. Lmk, I’m happy to pm you the contact numbers.
    +1 for independence. Partnerships are tacky even if they’re close relatives.

please pm me. Sorry I have no clue as to what is a "pm". I am completely new to this. Thank you

First of all you have to discuss the details of the partnership with your friend such as:
    - who pays for what expenses: building costs, land surveyor, gov application fees, land premiums, bribes for villagers who object the project, profit taxes etc etc
    - who will get what % after houses have been built and approved. Since you are providing land and ding right you should aim for 50% of the revenues. Eg: 2 houses built then you should get one house. Also specify in the contract which house.
    - find an independent lawyer that solely represents you.

There are so many potential problems and obstacles for village house projects. Be well prepared. I have completed a partnership myself and it gave me many grey hairs.

Last edited by Drunken Master; 12-11-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    gigglinggal and chuckster007 like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3