Like Tree17Likes

partnership

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

partnership

Hi Everyone

I have some properties in HK. A close friend have asked me to go into a partnership with her. Do I need to get some legal advice from a lawyer? Her brother is a lawyer and a close friend of hers is her accountant. & they are handling the matter. I think I should get some legal advice on my side. Anybody have any ideas would be most appreciated. Or this is a bad idea and deal from the start.

How would anyone know how to answer your question. You didn't even mention what kind of partnership?

Always seek independent advice. Always.

Sorry, I am kind of new to this forum. Partnership is I would provide the property and she would provide the funds for building on the property. I am also new to any business venture. So I am kind of lost

Quote Originally Posted by 16pnon:
    Sorry, I am kind of new to this forum. Partnership is I would provide the property and she would provide the funds for building on the property. I am also new to any business venture. So I am kind of lost
    are you taking about your 'ding right' to build rural house, you have land and you have the right to build rural house as your family ancestry is from the same village? where is your village? do you have 3 stars right to abode status? is the land deeds under your name or your parents?

yes, the land is in my name. land is in the north district. village is in fanling. have 3 star rta. any legal advice?? Very worry about propose business venture. don't know what to do!!

Generally people form some kind of limited liability company rather than partnership- partnership can make you liable for lots of debts if you are a general partner.

Take a look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partnership_(Hong_Kong)

You can talk to those companies that set up LLCs and such for some level of advice or pay for an hour consult with an attorney and get your questions answered.

Original Post Deleted
    agreed. If it is a village house, you better be 100% certain that the lawyer knows the Village house rules backwards.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 16pnon:
    yes, the land is in my name. land is in the north district. village is in fanling. have 3 star rta. any legal advice?? Very worry about propose business venture. don't know what to do!!
    Mr Kin Leung is the solictor which literally everyone in sha tau kok, sheung shui and fanling seeks for legal advice and legal process for building a house, he can also arrange inital process of chartered surveying with the designated surveyor and guide you and your partner through the legal process, speaks cantonese and some hakka, but can speak ok-ish english, he also does probate for overseas chinese / and local chinese who parents who have passed away and have property under their name

LEUNG KIN & CO.
    MABinPengChau, shri, jgl and 1 others like this.

That's why I vote for chu hoi dick

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast