Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 5 Post By bdw
  • 2 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By Morrison
  • 4 Post By Squid1

HK Express Refund issues

HK Express Refund issues

I booked a flight with hk express a few months ago then had to cancel due to unforseen circumstances. They said they would issue a refund to my credit card. After many emails with them they said they have refunded it already although nothing displays in my credit card. Now they say it's not their problem. Any ideas on what to do?

Consumer council

HK express is very slow with refunds, i think they say something like up to 6 months for refunds.

I flew with them to Phuket with the round trip ticket costing like 1400HKD, the return flight got cancelled due to a typhoon in HK so I was supposed to get a refund of half the ticket price, i tried dealing with them and in the end gave up, for a few hundred dollars was not worth my headache lol

Fiona in HKG likes this.

bdw

Not that I don't believe you, but my dealings with HK Express in getting refunds have been positive. On Jan 23rd this year when Tokyo had the thickest snowstorm in years, I slept on the floor in Narita airport with millions of other people, no hotels available in the area, and I ended up with a refund that was greater than the total return cost of the trip. So they paid me for a return trip to Tokyo and I even got a free sleeping bag to boot (trying to look on the bright side )

In June this year, again HK Express in Japan, my flight was delayed for around 24 hours. They gave my whole family of 4 a free night at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel (Hilton Tokyo Bay) with a buffet breakfast thrown in. The only thing is that Disneyland is quite far from the airport and they didn't pay the taxi, they told me to keep train receipts and claim them back later. So when I got back to HK I emailed them all the receipts and they refunded to my credit card. I think this was the best flight delay I've ever had in my life.

Dammit @bdw Im going to use u for claiming stuff back next time LOL

bdw and shri like this.

have you asked your bank / credit card provider?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    Not that I don't believe you, but my dealings with HK Express in getting refunds have been positive. On Jan 23rd this year when Tokyo had the thickest snowstorm in years, I slept on the floor in Narita airport with millions of other people, no hotels available in the area, and I ended up with a refund that was greater than the total return cost of the trip. So they paid me for a return trip to Tokyo and I even got a free sleeping bag to boot (trying to look on the bright side )

In June this year, again HK Express in Japan, my flight was delayed for around 24 hours. They gave my whole family of 4 a free night at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel (Hilton Tokyo Bay) with a buffet breakfast thrown in. The only thing is that Disneyland is quite far from the airport and they didn't pay the taxi, they told me to keep train receipts and claim them back later. So when I got back to HK I emailed them all the receipts and they refunded to my credit card. I think this was the best flight delay I've ever had in my life.
    I wonder what will happen to you if you book an adventure travel.
    bdw likes this.

I had a lot of issues around cancellation post Typhoon Jebi taking KIX airport out of commission. Mainly as they were understandably busy the service level/contact-ability went down to 0. I tried online help and they couldn't really help at that time. I then got the telephone number from their website which was a better option a few days later (they were not picking up/line was down for a few days)... After a phone call I moved over to email...

(sorry if overly descriptive I don't fully know what your tried from your post)

I suggest you call them or email [email protected]
    If they have lodged your refund application / you have done so via https://www.securesettlement.net/hkexpress/e-refund/
    you should already have a refund tracking number which you can check on the settlement website. Is it showing as Approved?

Here's the confusing part the airline guest relations said the refund was approved as it was also showing on the website and that payment would be made from within 8 weeks of the flight. They could not confirm if/when it had been paid and requested my bank records (really odd) as surely they could check with their BO/finance department.

I waited 8 weeks and checked my credit card (not bank account) statements. I could not see the transaction... however the online view was searchable so I changed by online bank view to search in one month increments over the last 3 months/as far as it could go back. The refund was showing as paid slightly before the flight date. Effectively I was paid immediately back post approval and shouldn't have checked statements after that date.

I hope it's the same case for you and suggest you recheck your credit card statement / account as far back as possible... if still no joy the guest relations tend to respond by email up to 24 hours after you send - good luck

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by Squid1
    I had a lot of issues around cancellation post Typhoon Jebi taking KIX airport out of commission. Mainly as they were understandably busy the service level/contact-ability went down to 0. I tried online help and they couldn't really help at that time. I then got the telephone number from their website which was a better option a few days later (they were not picking up/line was down for a few days)... After a phone call I moved over to email...

(sorry if overly descriptive I don't fully know what your tried from your post)

I suggest you call them or email [email protected]
    If they have lodged your refund application / you have done so via https://www.securesettlement.net/hkexpress/e-refund/
    you should already have a refund tracking number which you can check on the settlement website. Is it showing as Approved?

Here's the confusing part the airline guest relations said the refund was approved as it was also showing on the website and that payment would be made from within 8 weeks of the flight. They could not confirm if/when it had been paid and requested my bank records (really odd) as surely they could check with their BO/finance department.

I waited 8 weeks and checked my credit card (not bank account) statements. I could not see the transaction... however the online view was searchable so I changed by online bank view to search in one month increments over the last 3 months/as far as it could go back. The refund was showing as paid slightly before the flight date. Effectively I was paid immediately back post approval and shouldn't have checked statements after that date.

I hope it's the same case for you and suggest you recheck your credit card statement / account as far back as possible... if still no joy the guest relations tend to respond by email up to 24 hours after you send - good luck
    Yes that is very true and reminds me, when I got my refund from HKExpress for Japan train tickets, I waited months and thought they had forgotten about them, I never really bothered to chase because I already got a hotel and breakfast out of them so wasn't too fussed. But then I checked my statement carefully and realised that I was refunded ON THE SAME DAY AS PAID FOR THE FLIGHT. So I missed the fact that they had actually refunded me. This could be the OP's problem