dropshipping from taobao

dropshipping from taobao

Has anybody tried dropshipping from Taobao? The goods on Taobao seem crazy cheap to me, surely somebody must've tried reselling at a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewo
    Has anybody tried dropshipping from Taobao? The goods on Taobao seem crazy cheap to me, surely somebody must've tried reselling at a profit.
    Forget about it. 1st any product with battery inside can't be shipped by air. 2nd sellers dunno want to bother with overseas shipping. 3rd Taobao is made for local Chinese market.

I know Taobao is only for the Chinese market but what if I receive the goods in Hong Kong and then repackage and re-post them from HK to buyers overseas?

There are already Chinese companies acting as intermediaries as per your description mostly to assist foreign shopper overcome language barriers and also offer consolidation. You can certainly open an eBay account and offer stuff from Taobao and maybe only buy it when you sell yours. This is actually common.

Try aliexpress instead

I know Taobao is only for the Chinese market but what if I receive the goods in Hong Kong and then repackage and re-post them from HK to buyers overseas?
    3/4ths of the shit sold on Groupon (or whatever it has morphed into these days - hokobuy?) is cheap stuff bought on Taobao and marked up 100-200-300% and then discounted by 70%.

Looking at our SF express sorting center - over 70% of their deliveries in HK are from China and I suspect most of them from Taobao / JD.

Fair few large chinese outfits sell on Amazon / eBay - for them the money is in bulk logistics. You're going to get killed on individual item shipping rates from HK -> Overseas.

Prices are cheap because they are locally delivered. With overseas delivery that advantage is totally gone and Aliexpress, Gearbest etc. will be cheaper because those sellers are familiar with export and know how to ship cheap. Most sellers on Taobao will simply not ship out of China. You did bought things on Taobao, didn't you?

If you select the right niche then you can order from Taobao and have delivery to HK. Check the quality. When you receive an order you can then post using e-packet.
    Your aim should be to select products which will fit within the e-packet weights and dimensions.
    I presume you know how to use Taobao; or have a friend who does and can help you with this?

BCD

Ok, sorry to join the discussion but you on here seem to know your stuff!
    it seems SF express will not deliver anything but documents to HK now 'due to the protests'. So what other delivery companies will?
    Debang will but is adding a lot of extra charges. Any others?