Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

China & Hong Kong Stocks/Stock Market

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor
    That would be the best outcome for shareholders - and the share register is wide open (the substantial shareholders hold less than 25%). Might be a case for David Webb!
    As a follow up, Rosedale Hotel's largest shareholder (18.8%) is Master Glory (HK:275) whose shares are currently trading at $0.021. Master Glory is attempting to raise capital (debt levels are quite high IMHO) through the disposal of its water business (a major transaction requiring shareholder approval) + a combined rights issue (not-underwritten) and share consolidation. However, the rights issue and consolidation was announced on 4 September, 2018 but has not been completed - there have been multiple notices to the stock exchange regarding the delay in getting the circular to shareholders. As at the time of writing, it still has not been issued - a delay of over five months!!!!

If Magic Glory decides it needs cash urgently, it could look to Rosedale Hotel's to make a distribution. Results are due to be announced towards the end of March - it could be interesting.

I think you also need to take into account the market momentum and future prospects of some of the companies "reporting losses". In the US I also trade highly speculative stocks but a well-timed buy in something like a 6118, which is also a life sciences company that could benefit from new regulations in China may pay off. The last 6 months have been great for the stock and in their last update, they express that they expect a substantial decrease in losses due to corporate growth: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/brief...043703464.html

Similarly, 0381 caught my attention after their MOU was announced. HK stocks are volatile as it is but an announcement of an actual deal could bode well (at least for the stock side of this equation).

Further, I do agree on your take with 8436:
    "8436 is a bit more interesting. From a charting perspective, the share price has shown a steady uptrend from October last year to mid/late January this year after which it has plateaued. It reported a profit and the most recent results expressed optimism about the company's future prospects."

At the end of the day, it comes down to growth AND more importantly for me, the progression of a bull trend in the market. I like a little more risk than the next guy and I can understand your logic as well. Appreciate your insight.

Wink All about speculation for me..that is where I find the most money to be made

I am more of a speculative trader than anything. I generally take a larger position to trade with and may hold a smaller position for a longer term depending on the company. I like to find stocks in growth mode and with early progress within their industry. 6118, 8436 and 381 have caught more of my attention as of late

shri likes this.

Lightbulb Very pleased with these stocks performing

I'm very pleased with the way 6118, 1087, and 2327 have performed so far. 8436 starting to simmer a bit on volume lately. Took a little stab at it today

Last edited by SammyLee; 04-03-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added chart images

Quote Originally Posted by SammyLee
    I'm very pleased with the way 6118, 1087, and 2327 have performed so far. 8436 starting to simmer a bit on volume lately. Took a little stab at it today

Well done - those are pretty impressive share price movements.
    Thanks for sharing.

Or is it a case of the pump being primed?

Or am I being too cynical?

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

The PRC is cutting taxes which clearly is good news all round.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyLee
    Watching:
    2327.HK
    I have been keeping an eye on this stock and it's been up over 260% in the last 6 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds
    I have been keeping an eye on this stock and it's been up over 260% in the last 6 months!
    Not really six months. Up since Feb 11th I think. I guess their PR ramped up around the 22nd
    Cminds likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2