Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hkzig

Credit Report : are there Faster / Online alternatives to Transunion

Credit Report : are there Faster / Online alternatives to Transunion

Hi,

I'm living and working in HK and applying for a mortgage in Europe, the bank came back asking for a credit report listing all outstanding debts (I have none). It seems like Transunion does this but only by physical appointment; they have stopped online reports last year. Their current wait time for a physical appointment is around 2 months (next available date as of today is May 27). CreditGo stopped their service as well since they used Transunion's online service.

Is there a alternative way to get this document for the bank in reasonbale time (before the purchase agreement is voided) ?

Many thanks

Charly

2 months wait for a physical appointment WTF, I would go there directly and start begging nicely, offer to pay express fee if needed, if that doesnt work then start going ballistic saying you have to have a report asap or you will lose lots of money and this company sucks WTF blah blah blah. in the end you should get something.

Good Luck.

How about trying other banks that don't require this? Or a HK Bank like BEA that is supposed to finance Europe properties too?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    2 months wait for a physical appointment WTF, I would go there directly and start begging nicely, offer to pay express fee if needed, if that doesnt work then start going ballistic saying you have to have a report asap or you will lose lots of money and this company sucks WTF blah blah blah. in the end you should get something.

Good Luck.
    Adding to this ... might be worth taking a look at LinkedIn for a senior contact @ TU and approaching them.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Thanks all for the replies. They got me an appointment today after I explained the situation via their enquiry form. They charged me the usual 280 HKD.

shri and chuckster007 like this.

@hkzig - thanks for the feedback. Good to know that they have some flexibility in case of urgent situations like yours.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.