Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Sell gold

you need quite a high credit rating, with all the AML processes to be able to sell to the proper refiners.. i think. or that's what i was told previously

shri likes this.

Found this courtesy of Mr. Google: https://silvergoldbull.hk/sell-to-us

I have had no dealings with them so not a recommendation but it costs you nothing to ask them for a quote.

hbooriginal likes this.

silvergoldbull is actually a canadian company.
    its a proper company
    premiums used to be good, now way too high
    I've bought from them multiple times in the past with no issues
    i wouldn't buy now though cos too expensive
    they do buy back but you have to take the shipping/insurance costs

Quote Originally Posted by freeier
    so what are the purity and what is your expected pricing ?
    It is a 22k dore bar.

From what I understand, not every dealer or refinery is willing to purchase unrefined gold. I'm seeking refineries or dealer(s) with their own workshop, that are willing to smelt, provide indicative price then purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor
    Found this courtesy of Mr. Google: https://silvergoldbull.hk/sell-to-us

I have had no dealings with them so not a recommendation but it costs you nothing to ask them for a quote.
    Cheers! let me check them out.

There is another lead in your old thread - "Heraeus"

https://geoexpat.com/forum/40/thread342361.html

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

i find that interesting.. you are obviously in this line as a business.. from your previous thread..

so i guess you jumped into unrefined gold bars, not knowing where or how to get rid of them, and are now at a foreigner expat forum, definitely almost all are in non-gold related trades, to ask about how you can sell unrefined gold bars...

i hope you didn't buy those gold bars from some nigerian asylum seekers at those incredible pricing without going through proper purity checks...

i find that interesting.. you are obviously in this line as a business.. from your previous thread..

so i guess you jumped into unrefined gold bars, not knowing where or how to get rid of them, and are now at a foreigner expat forum, definitely almost all are in non-gold related trades, to ask about how you can sell unrefined gold bars...

i hope you didn't buy those gold bars from some nigerian asylum seekers at those incredible pricing without going through proper purity checks...

"nigerian asylum seekers" - you do have an active imagination!

we chose not to proceed at that time, couldn't trust the sources presented to us.

Quote Originally Posted by hbooriginal
    "nigerian asylum seekers" - you do have an active imagination!

we chose not to proceed at that time, couldn't trust the sources presented to us.
    so this time you are certain of the sources ?

you know, i actually get approached quite often on such gold deals.. some of them offer to sell me LBMA certified pure gold at spot - 2%... and since good refinery will buy gold at very close to spot, essentially you get a 2% spread for just providing that liquidity and take up all the risk.

i have not seen anyone actually making real money doing that flip..
    so good luck to your venture... hopefully you can get some decent deals..
    i doubt big refinery are going to take your gold, so you can only hope for some of the bullion players.. if you want i know one of the largest in Singapore and they do buy different bullion, but i believe they are not on same day terms so you have to leave your bars with them and they will pay you after they melt it and see how much gold there are in the bars.

so this time you are certain of the sources ?

you know, i actually get approached quite often on such gold deals.. some of them offer to sell me LBMA certified pure gold at spot - 2%... and since good refinery will buy gold at very close to spot, essentially you get a 2% spread for just providing that liquidity and take up all the risk.

i have not seen anyone actually making real money doing that flip..
    so good luck to your venture... hopefully you can get some decent deals..
    i doubt big refinery are going to take your gold, so you can only hope for some of the bullion players.. if you want i know one of the largest in Singapore and they do buy different bullion, but i believe they are not on same day terms so you have to leave your bars with them and they will pay you after they melt it and see how much gold there are in the bars.

yes! it's a reputable institution we're going through.

are you being offered those deals by sellers in HK? (watch out for those asylum seekers! )

it's the "bullion players" that i'm after. appreciated! the only issue with singapore is that there's an import duty for gold that isn't considered investment grade.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast