Like Tree10Likes

Sell gold

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sell gold

Can anyone recommend where I can sell (physical) gold?

What kind of gold? Gold coins?

It's a good question.

Kitco will only buy gold which they sold which is a good reason not to buy from them. I assume, but haven't checked that BOCHK is the same.

LPM will buy gold not sold by them but at a lower price (you have to ask them for a quote).

Hang Seng Bank supposedly buys gold coins. I've bought from them but haven't sold any to them so unsure.

none of the banks or Kitco will buy back gold bought elsewhere

As mention by traineeinvestor LPM buys back precious metals bought elsewhere.
    As he said - that's a good reason to buy from LPM instead of Kitco, they are more friendly in that sense.

Lee Cheong buys back gold (only, not silver or platinum etc)

Swiss Investors buys back too.

As a last resort you can sell abroad or go abroad to sell it e.g. Bullionstar in Singapore will buy back anything.

Does anyone else know any other dealer that buys back precious metals bought from elsewhere?

hbooriginal likes this.

maybe he is selling the CME eligible 100 ounces or 400 ounces bar.. 8-)

Now - I would like to "Ca$h in" on a gold tooth that lasted for several years before it suddenly fell off in my mouth - much to my surprise - Quite heavy too, with little tooth bone inside it.

I wonder how the Nazi death camps handled these items that they extracted from the inmates?

It co$t money to have an additional fake tooth added to the masses I already have!

At least it won't end up in the fire before my ashes fall into the passing waves some time sooner or later!

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    What kind of gold? Gold coins?

unrefined gold bars

so what are the purity and what is your expected pricing ?

MandM! likes this.

Don't they have a couple of refiners who can take misc gold, melt it down and price it for you? Do recall seeing a documentary several years ago about these cash for gold shops where all the gold ended up going to one of few refinery type operations which would melt in bulk and price.

hbooriginal likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast