Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Effective Advertisement

agree facebook and google ad are a complete waste of time. facebook, google and you tube all show me ads in Chinese duh so those companies are throwing away money. I do like @Football16 idea for youtube video's

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    your web page takes far too long to load incidentally (and no it's not my fiber connection) overseas the internet may not be so fast.

tried Hong Kong tourism board they have offices overseas if you haven't already mail them your flyers, given them a free pass to give away to tie with their special events, say the wine and food festival.
    I just saw the screen recording of your visit, The main image of Hong Kong Skyline was not loaded up until 10/15 second mark. And I found out why! Before this, I used to have a time-lapse video MP4/WebM format which I did forget to remove the video tag - this resulted in loading the fallback image quite later.

I did try talking with HKTB - Not helpful at all. They want me to get a Travel Agency License (which requires 500k investment into a company to qualify) and join TIC before they would even consider working with me. So until Hong Kong Tourist Pass is successful enough to catch their attention - I am without them.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    I have tried Facebook Ads and quickly realized how much of a scam it was. For example I would target certain age groups, education, location and I looked at who was liking my Facebook pages, it was all domestic helpers. I have changed the search strategy quite a bit, and at the end of the day, it doesn't warrant sales or revenue. Facebook only shows people who are more likely to "like" your page, and DH and 3rd world profiles tend to like thousands of pages. Whereas when I was on Facebook I was more selective about what I liked, but I long got off Facebook as its all rubbish in my opinion.

So permanently in my mind, I would never use Facebook ads, end of story. I have created a Facebook page for some new ventures, but nothing much comes from it - Unfortunately some clients think where is your Facebook page but they don't even go there, so it's more to have the stupid Facebook icon on my marketing pieces. There are some select industries where you might get some inquiries, solely via organic growth. Paid leads are all rubbish but will increase your "like" count.

Onto Google Ads, another big big scam. I have decided to give Google Ads a try and have used very specific criteria, location-based, time-based, search keywords, but I have never received any revenue leads from Google. I decreased the Google Ads spend to the minimum and will eventually take it off all together in the near future.

What worked, creating your own email server and building your own email lists. I have a very targeted group of clients and started a marketing campaign via email. Received leads and revenue immediately. In fact for each email campaign there would be some hits. You have to spend a bit on smart marketing campaigns and fine tuning your lists. Ensure you follow requests for unsubscribe to avoid getting marked as spam or blacklisted, which does happen. Then react to de-list when needed.

Get your website out there and make sure it has proper SEO to get shown in the search engines. There is a lot more to do, but paying for ads is really not good, especially for a company with no brand equity. It's a waste of money.

If you are planning to hire P/T staff, you should create a raffle or prize to collect email addresses. This will help you build your database and also to manage your staff. You can then ask your staff to upload the email addresses into a database and then after lets say 10,000 emails you select a winner (maybe say it is a 2 month campaign with prize drawing on July 30, 2019. You can further add terms that the winner must "like you" on Facebook, or some social media platform as you need some common place for engagement for people to come to buy your services. You can send a welcome email with the link to your Facebook and advise the steps needed and congratulations you are entered into the competition. You can then compensate your staff on performance metrics instead of worrying they never went out to do the job.

There are a lot of things you can do, you just have to pick something and try it. You will see results or scrap the idea and move onto something else.
    Pretty much agree with you! The FB & Google ads did not help and they certainly don't target the people we want them to.

Proper SEO, Email Marketing and Passes Give away will definitely work.

What are your thoughts on Influencers marketing? Preferably on Instagram?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    That's for Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehunter
    Pretty much agree with you! The FB & Google ads did not help and they certainly don't target the people we want them to.

Proper SEO, Email Marketing and Passes Give away will definitely work.

What are your thoughts on Influencers marketing? Preferably on Instagram?
    Influencers, not for a small guy and difficult to do correctly.

I can barely see the words Hong Kong on your website (from mobile). Chat in separate window on mobile is not good and draws the user away from the page. You can consider a Wix website and chat. It flows very nicely. If you are IT savvy you can find better chat plugins.

I would recommend photos to make it exciting to buy this pass. Such as I'm going to arrive in HK, the trip of a lifetime and I'm going to have this car waiting for me and a big sign with my name on it and I'm going to do this and that.

Have 3 tiers of packages to buy and pitch the price per day. When I saw 499 I immediately closed off the idea.

Perhaps have a basic, gold, ultimate package and make it from $49 per day or something. Gold can be 79 and ultimate 129. Sounds much better and appeals to people with different budgets. You can then have a chart of price per day and duration and have your best deal/best value highlighted.

Perhaps put together a sample schedule for people to visualize what they get. Do you offer any local insight or guide? These could be premium services offered.

Combine that with an Airbnb stay or discounted hotel.
    shri likes this.

I did try talking with HKTB - Not helpful at all. They want me to get a Travel Agency License (which requires 500k investment into a company to qualify) and join TIC before they would even consider working with me. So until Hong Kong Tourist Pass is successful enough to catch their attention - I am without them.
    talking to the local HKTB would be a waste of time, the overseas offices are on the frontline, with quotas to fill, yours seems to be a high-end product, therefore, leaflets at the airport for a service that includes hotel transfer seems a tad too late.
    lovehunter likes this.

Does that mean your company is providing these services illegally? Have you checked you are within the rules and regulations in HK?

It looks like you are accepting money from the tourists and providing services and that may mean you need the travel agent licenses. If you do not accept money from the tourist, and you just match them with the local service provider and get commission, that may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy
    Does that mean your company is providing these services illegally? Have you checked you are within the rules and regulations in HK?

It looks like you are accepting money from the tourists and providing services and that may mean you need the travel agent licenses. If you do not accept money from the tourist, and you just match them with the local service provider and get commission, that may be different.
    Of course not! We made sure to check if providing these services on a platform and market as a "Tourist Pass" is legal or not. Which is totally fine with the relevant authorities.

Local HKTB does not work with companies unless they have a Travel Agency License for some reason. I received this information from Customer Service Agent at HKTB. My efforts to get in touch with higher was unsuccessful, unlike other companies/airlines.

Also, We are working directly with the attractions and purchasing tickets through their direct partner's platform.

I am very confident that we are well within legal rights to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert
    talking to the local HKTB would be a waste of time, the overseas offices are on the frontline, with quotas to fill, yours seems to be a high-end product, therefore, leaflets at the airport for a service that includes hotel transfer seems a tad too late.
    Great Idea! I hope they are helpful - Local office was NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    Influencers, not for a small guy and difficult to do correctly.

I can barely see the words Hong Kong on your website (from mobile). Chat in separate window on mobile is not good and draws the user away from the page. You can consider a Wix website and chat. It flows very nicely. If you are IT savvy you can find better chat plugins.

I would recommend photos to make it exciting to buy this pass. Such as I'm going to arrive in HK, the trip of a lifetime and I'm going to have this car waiting for me and a big sign with my name on it and I'm going to do this and that.

Have 3 tiers of packages to buy and pitch the price per day. When I saw 499 I immediately closed off the idea.

Perhaps have a basic, gold, ultimate package and make it from $49 per day or something. Gold can be 79 and ultimate 129. Sounds much better and appeals to people with different budgets. You can then have a chart of price per day and duration and have your best deal/best value highlighted.

Perhaps put together a sample schedule for people to visualize what they get. Do you offer any local insight or guide? These could be premium services offered.

Combine that with an Airbnb stay or discounted hotel.
    I agree with the chat window - I am already looking for an alternative to replace the current one.

I am working on adding more photos to attract people to buy this pass. I thought I had enough photos but the more the better!

Will need to look into presenting in a better way instead of scaring people away with 499/599/699...
    MandM! likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast