View Poll Results: How much did you or will you spend on flowers for mother’s day?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0

12 75.00%
  • $1-$400

1 6.25%
  • $400-800

3 18.75%
  • $800 or above

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Mother’s Day flowers

Never sure which day to use, the UK one or the American one used here. So neither. We get flowers for her grave on her birthday, her death anniversary and halloween.

Treasure your mum while you still have her.

chuckster007, drumbrake and jack55 like this.

Name:  FB_IMG_1557711950324.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  49.1 KB

My birthday falls on Mother's Day once every seven years so I just get a combined birthday and Mother's Day gift from my daughter. Once every seven years on Mother's Day, once every seven years on Friday the 13th. And usually university and law school finals. Also my father's birthday was May 8th so once every seven years it fell on his birthday...

chuckster007 likes this.

Fortunately my kids know better than to waste money on over -priced tat so that they can be said to be conforming to a commercial promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Never sure which day to use, the UK one or the American one used here. So neither. We get flowers for her grave on her birthday, her death anniversary and halloween.
    Birth and Death -- I get that.....
    But why halloween ?

The original meaning of Halloween is celebrated here - All Souls Day - not the American version.

If ever you are in the Philippines at Halloween go to a cemetery it is amazing. Absolutely packed with all police leave cancelled, crowd control measures. People party all night sat round the graves, street food, balloons, kids playing. Not a single silly costume in sight.

MABinPengChau and rathunt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    The original meaning of Halloween is celebrated here - All Souls Day - not the American version.
    TIL
    If ever you are in the Philippines at Halloween go to a cemetery it is amazing. Absolutely packed with all police leave cancelled, crowd control measures. People party all night sat round the graves, street food, balloons, kids playing. Not a single silly costume in sight.
    I do enjoy the Chinese version here in Hong Kong where the hills are always on fire
    but never seen the Pinoy version. Will look into combining it with a trip soon I hope...
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    I dont celebrate Fathers or Mothers day as they are special all the time not just on some stupid day LOL
    This is how I feel about my birthday. I'm special every day of the year dammit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2