OFW - Debt Back in HK

OFW - Debt Back in HK

I am here to ask advice,2017 i leave hk with debt money in one of the financial bank but u fortunately when i landed to my new country od destination I was released upon arrival.I was jobless for 9months.After 9 months I get a job fir a work permitt that usually every 6 months amd no job again.My son receive a letter from the phil regarding my debt and it already double the amount coming from a law ffirm in the philippines.I wanted to settle my account in a amount that I can.I will try to email the bank but any atty i can ask help in hk to help beacise
    the interest is already same amount of the principal.
    Thank you for those who will respond

Quote Originally Posted by Mc.Coy
    I am here to ask advice,2017 i leave hk with debt money in one of the financial bank but u fortunately when i landed to my new country od destination I was released upon arrival.I was jobless for 9months.After 9 months I get a job fir a work permitt that usually every 6 months amd no job again.My son receive a letter from the phil regarding my debt and it already double the amount coming from a law ffirm in the philippines.I wanted to settle my account in a amount that I can.I will try to email the bank but any atty i can ask help in hk to help beacise
    the interest is already same amount of the principal.
    Thank you for those who will respond
    Sounds like your debt has been sold to a third party.

Contact the law firm / collections company which sent you the letter.

The original bank most likely has no record.

Is this with one of the companies that gives loans to helpers?

Thank you Mr Robertlempiere for responding do you think its a good idea rhat i consult a public atty in the philippimes to help me for a settlement.

Yes Prime Credit financing loan for filipinos

@hullexile - do you have any info on what help might be available? NGO?