Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Paxbritannia
  • 1 Post By aw451
  • 1 Post By Srashes

Hiring Managers.. did i screw up?

Closed Thread

Exclamation Hiring Managers.. did i screw up?

I applied for a role in LinkedIn however the HR believed I am a better fit for another role. After discussing with HR, I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager.

I think the interview was great except (for some reason in the conversation), I brought up casually the fact I applied for another role as it was recommended to me on LinkedIn but the HR suggested this role instead. I very much noticed it was odd thing to say so I followed up saying I think I am a great fit for this role given my experience/interest.

The hiring manager asked me some more questions behind why I applied for the other role and if I am still interested in the role I interviewed for.

Trying to figure out if any of you are in HR or has had expereince as a hiring manager, would this have raised a red flag?

Depends on the role. I've had people apply for one role then get forwarded to my team. The hiring manager will already know this anyway.

Srashes likes this.

It doesn't sound like something to overanalyse. If you're qualified for a vacant role at the company and they like you, you'll probably get an offer.

Srashes likes this.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I probably was overanalysing

GentleGeorge likes this.