Like Tree29Likes

Mistakenly sent money to wrong credit card account

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Maybe you should write to SC and tell them they're doing it all wrong. I'm sure their lawyers would be fascinated to hear your theories.
    Heh no actually they're doing it right. If I were their lawyer, I would tell them they don't need to give a toss. Again, I never said they were at fault for not returning the money. Neither me nor the original CC accountholder has to return the money. But I also feel a bit sorry for the OP for a genuine fat finger error. The HK$1k filing for FDRC, he's going to get the exact same response as right now and waste his time - at least the small claims filing fees are alot cheaper.

@Eamon92

Did you get anywhere close to resolving this?

shri likes this.

Update: A couple of weeks ago I got an email from the bank telling me that the transferee finally granted consent for the reversal of funds. I checked my account and it was indeed reversed.

In the end, the most effective tactic was to continuously hassle the bank via different means (phone calls/emails/letters/in branch) which did the trick. I think the police report was a useful piece of paper to wave around. Although the police didn't do much beyond that, the accumulation of paperwork was definitely useful when speaking to people.

I'd like to thank you guys n gals ITT for the advice provided, it was a happy ending after all.

shri, bdw, TheBrit and 6 others like this.

@Eamon92 - thanks for updating and well done.

Excellent news!

EnglishGamified likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4