• 1 Post By DanielFRA
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By pin

MPF core accumulation fund

Lightbulb MPF core accumulation fund

Name:  C2814F7B-82A2-40B8-975E-A85A8B813FD3.jpeg
Views: 602
Size:  464.4 KBHi!

I am newbie when it comes to investing and MPF. So noticing that my MPF has taken a -10 % nose dive and so far lost -9000k since January. And seeking some context to this.

I have 100% in core accumulation fund with derisking nature at HSBC. I looked at the allocation and about 39% is in American Equities and 33% in world bonds. I’ve attached a photo of the allocation breakdown.

I had a few questions:
    1. Is the allocation of the fund fixed? (As I don’t remember actually inputting the allocation %myself)
    2. Isn’t core accumulation fund a standard and popular fund? What are your thoughts on this?

I am just worried if I had invested in the wrong fund etc or is everything taking a nose dive? Just afraid that I will completely lose all of my MPF as -9000k seems to be a lot! However, I am a newbie to this, so any insight would be welcomed. Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Matty299:

I am newbie when it comes to investing and MPF. So noticing that my MPF has taken a -10 % nose dive and so far lost -9000k since January. And seeking some context to this.

I have 100% in core accumulation fund with derisking nature at HSBC. I looked at the allocation and about 39% is in American Equities and 33% in world bonds. I’ve attached a photo of the allocation breakdown.

I had a few questions:
    1. Is the allocation of the fund fixed? (As I don’t remember actually inputting the allocation %myself)
    2. Isn’t core accumulation fund a standard and popular fund? What are your thoughts on this?

I am just worried if I had invested in the wrong fund etc or is everything taking a nose dive? Just afraid that I will completely lose all of my MPF as -9000k seems to be a lot! However, I am a newbie to this, so any insight would be welcomed. Thank you .
    You most likely allocated 100% of your funds to Core Accumulation Fund. Your screenshot is the constituent funds i.e what's inside it. It's basically 60% equities 40% bonds (or equivalent) give or take.

Whether CAF is right for you depends on your age and risk tolerance but in general it's "good enough" if you don't want to think too much about it.

As for your loss of 9k, forget about it. Pretty much everyone's MPF will be down this year since equities and bonds both took a significant hit. There's probably more to lose but overall the market has always gone up over a long enough time period.
    Sith, Matty299, ndt and 1 others like this.

9000k is $9,000,000??!! Holy crap, that is a lot to lose in only 5 months. I've only lost about $30,000 myself .

Damn I wish I'm only 10% down so far this year.

Matty299 and GentleGeorge like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty299:

I had a few questions:

I lost most of my ORSO last year. All in China Equities. So sad.
    Matty299 likes this.

3 MPF accounts = Total loss was 100K all put into HIGH RISK.

aw451 likes this.

Considering pretty much everything is down, its no surprise really.

aw451 likes this.

Over 9000K!!!

yeah no matter what, it's an inevitable nosedive, we just hope for a high bounce back