Like Tree6Likes

Difficulty redeeming last 1000 on my Octopus card

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Difficulty redeeming last 1000 on my Octopus card

Hi has anyone found it difficult to redeem the last HK$ 1000 on Octopus card? I tried calling the hotline about it but they were too busy and was asked to leave message. Still no reply after almost a week. In order to get the final 1000 I need to have spent the first 4000 before end of May, which I had already done. I have even emailed them but no reply. Thank you.

Pop into an MTR station customer service counter and see if they can sort it out.

Your spending needs to be for non-utilities or govt spending, ie use it for groceries, shopping, food etc

If for example you’ve been tapping your Octopus at the post office to pay bills, that amount won’t count towards the HKD4000.

Details listed here:

https://www.consumptionvoucher.gov.hk/en/usage.html

did you get the SMS on 16th June 2022? that confirms you have spent 4k on approved items (whatever they are)

emx and shri like this.

No I did not get any SMS. Maybe I should wait then.

MTR Customer service could not help. They asked me to contact Octopus directly.

Download the octopus app if you have nfc to check when you can collect the next voucher. If you don't have nfc, wait for this sms

[Consumption Voucher Scheme (CVS)] (ref. no.: xxxxxxxxxxxx) The second $1,000 consumption voucher under Phase I of the new round of CVS is available for collection till 31 December 2022. Enquiry: 29695500
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 29Tjmy92:
    Hi has anyone found it difficult to redeem the last HK$ 1000 on Octopus card? I tried calling the hotline about it but they were too busy and was asked to leave message. Still no reply after almost a week. In order to get the final 1000 I need to have spent the first 4000 before end of May, which I had already done. I have even emailed them but no reply. Thank you.
    Check your voucher spending at https://voucher.octopus.com.hk/en/form/enquiry
    shri and Sith like this.

Thank you

Apparently according to their records I did not use up the 4000 by end of May.
    So I will only be able to top up on 16th July.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast