Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By shri

Improving my credit score

Closed Thread

Post Improving my credit score

Hi everyone, can somebody give some tips how to improve my credit report? I am not a HK permanent resident here, I have J score in credit report by Transunion cause I dont have any credit card as they cannot grant me as well. No phone,internet or utilities bills as well. Is there anyway how to improve my credit score?

Is it similar in the US and in HK? I always thought the habits are different and hence process will be different ?

Essentially similar - I think its about credit usage. Initially it is a little of of a chicken and egg situation.

Most of the time, the bank that processes your payroll should be able to give you a basic credit card (unless you're with some random third tier local bank) to get you setup. After that, put as much of your regular outgoings on there - internet, phone, octopus reload, grocery shopping etc on your card and pay off in full.

Also, best to approach the credit card promoters - usually at major MTR stations like Admiralty or elsewhere... they will help you fill up the application "correctly" and have some sort of commission tied into your approval (as opposed to the fuckwits at bank branches who are more than often just trained to say "no cannot").

This thread is almost encyclopedic in terms of information about credit scores...

https://geoexpat.com/forum/40/thread342329.html

aw451 and traineeinvestor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Essentially similar - I think its about credit usage. Initially it is a little of of a chicken and egg situation.

Most of the time, the bank that processes your payroll should be able to give you a basic credit card (unless you're with some random third tier local bank) to get you setup. After that, put as much of your regular outgoings on there - internet, phone, octopus reload, grocery shopping etc on your card and pay off in full.

Also, best to approach the credit card promoters - usually at major MTR stations like Admiralty or elsewhere... they will help you fill up the application "correctly" and have some sort of commission tied into your approval (as opposed to the fuckwits at bank branches who are more than often just trained to say "no cannot").

This thread is almost encyclopedic in terms of information about credit scores...

https://geoexpat.com/forum/40/thread342329.html
    My bank said try after few minutes months, transunion said dont apply anything within half year to improve the score. Maybe my savings in the bank is not enough. My bank is Bank of China. I heard theyve said Hang Seng bank is better and easier. I have a record before applying BOC credit card applying last 2021 but it was rejected as well.