Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By GotIt
  • 1 Post By ByeByeEngland
  • 1 Post By TheRoadAhead

MPF - Cessation of Employment. Employer does not CARE

Closed Thread

MPF - Cessation of Employment. Employer does not CARE

My last day of employment (due to global workforce reduction in a medium sized accounting and business support company) was in December last year. They are dishonest and have found countless reasons not to pay or delay employees salaries, as well as delay payments for most suppliers by 6 months and more (most of them have not been paid even 1 year later).

My MPF account is still labelled as an employee account so I cannot transfer it to another institution. The employer paid me severance (given I was employed for >2 years) and they have tried to deduct the severance sum from my MPF directly (it is legal to do so). However I see that to this day the severance amount has still not been deducted from my MPF. I tried to transfer my MPF to this other institution two months ago but they said that it is still stuck as the MPF is still an employee account.

As I cannot trust my former employer, what can I do to transfer my MPF account and (hopefully - cherry on the cake) have them unable to deduct the severance amount from the MPF (as they already wired it the sum to my bank account).

Should I just file the below form and then the account will automatically be converted to a personal one? Should I mail it to AIA since I am not in Hong Kong at the moment?

Thanks a lot ...

FORM MPF(S) - C(SD)

You can send labour department their way, or highlight the case to MPFA.

Where did you get this form from? Assuming it's for the purpose of declaring you're no longer employed then it looks like it would do the job. Can you ask your MPF provider?

IIRC you can pull your existing funds from contribution account to designated account with another MPF provider!! i.e. If you have MPF personal accounts with HSBC or you want to open one, you can fill in form at HSBC to transfer (Pull request) from AIA while keeping contribution account still open for future contributions with AIA.. Your best bet is to walk into HSBC branch with MPF counter and tell them you want to transfer funds in from AIA without mentioning anything about employment termination, see if it works out..

https://www.hsbc.com.hk/content/dam/...npm_sample.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    Where did you get this form from? Assuming it's for the purpose of declaring you're no longer employed then it looks like it would do the job. Can you ask your MPF provider?
    I just found it online, but it does not say anything about converting the MPF to personal account

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    IIRC you can pull your existing funds from contribution account to designated account with another MPF provider!! i.e. If you have MPF personal accounts with HSBC or you want to open one, you can fill in form at HSBC to transfer (Pull request) from AIA while keeping contribution account still open for future contributions with AIA.. Your best bet is to walk into HSBC branch with MPF counter and tell them you want to transfer funds in from AIA without mentioning anything about employment termination, see if it works out..

https://www.hsbc.com.hk/content/dam/...npm_sample.pdf
    I already tried that but AIA blocked the process, my bank said it's because it's not converted to personal account yet

Quote Originally Posted by GotIt:
    You can send labour department their way, or highlight the case to MPFA.
    Dear OP. The only advice you need is right here. If you’re stated facts are broadly correct you will get EVERY assistance you need from the Labour department or MPFA
    TheRoadAhead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Dear OP. The only advice you need is right here. If you’re stated facts are broadly correct you will get EVERY assistance you need from the Labour department or MPFA
    Thanks, I will contact MPFA.

I contacted the Labour department after being laid off and they actually told me their way of offering a garden leave (to cover the 1 month notice + pay for days off) was not proper. They should have terminated us properly and paid us for the 1 month notice (salary) + days off balance. It has been couple months and I did not sign their termination document. I honestly don't think it's worth me suing them over something that is probably a small amount in damages & fees but if the employer keeps acting like this I will definitely consider.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.