Is there any credit repair service in HK?

Closed Thread
    A-J

Is there any credit repair service in HK?

I searched it in Google but couldn't find anything relevant. Is there any credit repair service in HK? Namely, bad credit history from few years back, now looking forward to build a better one. Thanks in advance!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The places I know of that do debt counselling only have details in Chinese - TWGH and Caritas.

A-J

May I have their links please? I'll try to find someone who can read chinese.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

A-J

thank you Claire

Transunion can give you a detailed credit report for i think is $150. from there you can see which companies you are still owing money to etc. once you have those outstanding fixed, Transunion will delete those bad records. Most banks use this company to check before approving loans etc.

http://www.transunion.hk/default.html

Last edited by wtbhotia; 06-01-2009 at 10:54 PM.

A-J

I got it from them on monday, hsbc shows it as a writeoff. I walked into a branch they said no debt is being shown. I asked them how should I pay that amount, they said account is closed and no outstanding balance (debt) so no need to pay. I wonder what should I do next.

Wow a bank that doesnt want its money back. Very strange. You should try talking to transunion and explain to them what happened and see if they can get that bad credit out of the report.

A-J

yeah, i was equally puzzled. i'll talk to both of them again, see what they suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Wow a bank that doesnt want its money back. Very strange. You should try talking to transunion and explain to them what happened and see if they can get that bad credit out of the report.
    A friend of mine owed about GBP 600 on his UK HSBC credit card (was an overseas grad student there).

A year later, on a short trip back, feeling a bit "guilty", he decided he'd clear the debt all-in-one and went into a high-street branch with the full amount in cash.

His case was brought to an accounts manager's attention who briskly proceeded on the PC tracking down this "not-properly settled account", all the while showing what she thought with frequent all-round audible tut-tutting...

Apparently, six months after his graduation - when all outstandings should've been cleared - his account and info was red ear-marked. They passed on the debt-collecting task to a third-party agent who was supposed to "locate" him outside the UK - or so he was told. Since he went straight for HK with no other up-to-date indication of his whereabouts, AND the amount was relatively small (?), guess they took their time handling it.

However, this terse (understandably) biz-like lady told him that he should NOT expect to bank with HSBC in the UK for quite some years (she didn't specify). They keep tabs on such like, it seems...?

Not sure 'bout the banks in HK, but agree that you should check further into settling things for good- with an eye to prepare for a time when you do need "a lending hand" for BIG sumthings ... Best o' luck.
    Last edited by emmie; 08-01-2009 at 01:08 AM.