MBA Opportunity in Hongkong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MBA Opportunity in Hongkong

Hello everyone,

My name is Marcus and I am looking for an opportunity in Hongkong or China. I held both my undergraduate and MBA degree from small college in Madison, WI, USA. I just return to my country, Indonesia, about a year ago.

Would someone recommend me in how to get my foot on the doorstep in Hongkong's business world?

Your respond will be highly appreciated. Thanks all

Best Regard,
    marcus

Do you have some specific skills or experience that is not available from HK Permanent Residents? If not then I'm afraid that it's going to be very hard for you to get any sort of visa here.

Start off by working out what job you can do or want to do. Find companies in your home country that have some sort of presence in Hong Kong. Apply for jobs at those companies. Work your way up in a company by being good at your job and getting good appraisals. Make it clear you aspire to an overseas posting. Accept any and all overseas travel / work that the company offers you. If a position becomes available overseas, anywhere overseas apply for it.

Worked for me - only took 10 years to get out of UK to Singers and then 5 more years based in Singers to get to HK.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Network, network, network.

And remember, MBAs are very common here. You need to have experience and skills that make you stand out from the rest. Oh, and speak/read/write Putonghua if you are considering the Mainland.

actually claire, good mba's are not very common here.

the issue is that most people cannot differentiate a good from an average/poor mba.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:

the issue is that most people cannot differentiate a good from an average/poor mba.
    Would an MBA from a small college in the US count as a good one?

>> Would an MBA from a small college in the US count as a good one?

Harvard is considered by many as a small college. So, depends on the small college.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:

I did not mention "good"; I was trying to be tactful regarding the OP's MBA which he seems to believe will boost his employment opportunities.

here's what matters for EMBA programs (HK school at the top!)
    Business school rankings and MBA rankings from the Financial Times

and this is for MBA programs
    Business school rankings and MBA rankings from the Financial Times

Thanks all for your inputs. It gives me info where to start and what to avoid. I really appreciate them. God Blesses you all!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast