Like Tree1Likes

Business start up=lots of advice needed please

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by honeypotnessy:
    You see I've had a few issues here with merchant accounts (as wanted everything set up before I came over) - poor credit rating to name one. Therefore the FSB and streamline didn't want to know.
    If you're of no interest to the Russian secret service, that's probably a good thing.

Seriously though I think you need to read up on how to get a work visa. It's not easy if it's your own one-person company -- you will need to demonstrate that you are investing in HK.

You may also consider buying into an existing business that is already established here in HK.

seems to me that there are gurus here and pardon me to ask a question - if I have a HKID, how long would it take in general to set up a company and start operating the business? I understand that I need the CI and BR but usually how long would the process take? Thanks!

HKID got nothing much to do with registration of a business.

it takes 3 days to register a proprietorship business and around 3-4 weeks for a limited liability company.

WBR
    Syed

Really? Business registration I've always done same day and limited company, which I admittedly get someone else to do because I'm lazy with paperwork, has always taken less than a week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

This information is outdated and even IPIM's official website has wrong information. It is no longer possible to get residency through the purchase of property.

Quote Originally Posted by syedagha:
    it takes 3 days to register a proprietorship business and around 3-4 weeks for a limited liability company.
    Curiously when I registered a sole proprietor business it took about 10 minutes on the spot at Revenue Tower.

Dreaming of having a business in HK for two years, coming over in Feb... only now asking on a message board about company registration and finding out about visa requirements.
    Two years spent dreaming pretty much confirmed then.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Curiously when I registered a sole proprietor business it took about 10 minutes on the spot at Revenue Tower.

ok, maybe not so many people when you did it years back
    when i did it they took the application form and asked me to come after one working day to collect BRO.

or we can say they are also racist, and took 10 mins for a Caucasian and 3 days for a brown Asian.

you saved one day, congratulations

lets see which idiot will red blob me
    Last edited by Scorpio01; 12-12-2009 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling correction

lol
    and some idiot did it !!
    some suckers just cannot handle it.