Media contacts in HK?

Closed Thread

Have you considered talking to some of the PR Agencies so that they can distribute it to their lists, with the benefit that they are always up to date? In my previous life we used PRNewswireAsia and were happy with the service. A release, with some follow-up, to the HK media in English and Chinese costs about HK$2500 for a commercial organisation, but I guess they might have deals for charities. I'll PM you the contact details I had (which I see from their website is still the right person).

Although there's a huge media here, you can cover the majority of the population in about 20 different publications (depends on what stories you want to place and who you're targeting).

Just buy the 20 publications you want to be in and use the contacts published in them.

PRNewswire is a waste of money. Better to spend some time looking for a boutique agency / freelancer who will actually call / follow up with the 20 odd publications (as mentioned by Katiedot) that matter.

Curiously, for us they did call (or at least they did call the one or two publications I checked with). If you can get specific names at the 20 publications and have the time and persistence to get to them individually then I guess that might work, but it would take a lot of time and effort (let's say a day or two at least), so whether that's worth $2500 or less is your call I guess.