I see quite a number of expats in here from UK.

If you are from UK, you should not be paying any money to move money beside the the spread for forex.

I was an US expat working in London for a year.

There is a little secret I don't see anyone mention it here on this forum (most of you guys just love HSBC). There is a limited presence of citibank in London, if you happen to have an account with citi UK branch, you will know what I am talking about.

You do not pay any fees to send money to another citibank account via Citi Global Transfer (CGT). Also, the UK Branch offer multicurrencies account of major OECD currencies.You can keep a HKD account there and convert your GBP to HKD with citi before you sending out your money to let say your HK Branch HKD account.

Citi CGT service is a lot nicer than if you are a HSBC premier acc. HSBC only allows you to send money to your own account in different countries while Citi allows u to send money to anyone with a citibank account if it is covered in the CGT area.

The HK branch charges HKD$180 to send money with CGT, so I wouldn't recommend you to use it here. UK Branch is free. US Branch charges USD$10 to send money which is way more reasonable than the HK branch. It is free to receive.

I don't think citibank has branches outside of London.

This is just a FYI, if you are moving from UK, you can benefits with this.