Like Tree45Likes

13/10 Occupy Central / Admiralty Clashes

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

If you build it they will come with more stuff and even stronger stuff, not so easy to take away
    Posted by a friend, taken in Admiralty 1hr ago.

Cho-man and shri like this.

I see the Eng department of HKU are showing their skills then.

Secret $7m payment to C.Y. Leung agreed to on same day rival bidder trumped UGL offer

That's not just borderline illegal anymore. That's big time bribery and fraud. If he won't get arrested in HK for it, I bet the Australians or the British will get him for that. They'll probably get Beijings backing for it since Zhang Xiaoming said he knew about the payments "for a long time".

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    If you build it they will come with more stuff and even stronger stuff, not so easy to take away
    Posted by a friend, taken in Admiralty 1hr ago.
    In the 1st and 3rd photos, they now have a dozen or so orange bins there now, WTF are they doing?

Lets assume for a second that the anti-occupy movement are all above board (no triad involvements, still pro-democracy), why are the police stopping these people from exercising their right to have the road re-opened by removing the barricades?

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:

Lets assume for a second that the anti-occupy movement are all above board (no triad involvements, still pro-democracy), why are the police stopping these people from exercising their right to have the road re-opened by removing the barricades?
    Are you for real? Since when did we allow mob rule and vigilantism here? If the government and the police decide not to clear out the protesters, which law gives anybody else the right to assume the police's duty and do it for them? The next time I'm in Central I'm gonna smash all the double parked cars there with a hammer. If the cops won't enforce the traffic rules, I will.

BTW: The problem is the cops not stopping it. I wouldn't object much to the cops clearing out the protesters, depending on how they'd do it But I have a huge problem with the cops standing by and watching the mouth frothing anti-occupiers do it.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 14-10-2014 at 02:05 AM.

I was on Queensway tonight at about 11pm when a truck arrived with a load of bamboo poles, which the protesters unloaded and used to reinforce the barricades which had been dismantled earlier in the day. The anti-occupy action has resulted in a renewed presence of protesters there.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Since when did we allow mob rule and vigilantism here?
    Since the bigger mob decided to put up the barricades in the first place.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8