Like Tree236Likes

Week 10 of Occupy Central: Updates & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Cho-man: your maturity is astounding! (sarcasm). And you want to get people of HK to support your OC movement by comments like that .... not a chance!"Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau.

Quote Originally Posted by discosue:
    Zero: Just answer the questions -
    Is OC negatively impacting individual local businesses?
    Would you like this to happen to your business?
    For your first question, probably no worse than they get affected by HK Govs collusion with the property developers, and since eventually OC will end most likely a lot less impact.
    For you second question, I'd be one of the mom and pop stores that you see in the occupied areas that are providing free electricity to the protesters.

Unlike yourself I see the OC as a short term issue with hopefully long term improvements, whereas following blindly the governments phrase of the day, will as it continues in the current trend lead to my kids being in the position where they can't start their own business start up rents would be too high and would need to start saving for a deposit for a flat when they're still in school.

Edit: For typos, I shouldn't type and walk at the same time, can't be bothered fixing punctuation thought sorry.
    Last edited by Zero Gravitas; 03-12-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    Cho-man and usehername like this.

See shri? She is so...predictable. Wasting your time with this discosue. Move her to her own thread where she can sprout her hatred of OC all she wants and we can all get back to normal.

Go on discosue, keep up with your insults and tell us how awful OC is to the "small" businesses of HK. Don't hold your breath on anyone here agreeing with you though...

Last edited by Cho-man; 03-12-2014 at 01:04 PM.

I see the OC as a short term issue with hopefully long term improvements
    A friend told me a couple of weeks ago "I wish they had a schedule to end Occupy!"

I had to tell them I was glad that folks like Gandhi, Mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi, Martin Luther King and a whole lot of others did not / do not believe in schedules..
    Cho-man, hullexile and Cheesindave like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    A friend told me a couple of weeks ago "I wish they had a schedule to end Occupy!"

I had to tell them I was glad that folks like Gandhi, Mandela, Aung San Suu Kyi, Martin Luther King and a whole lot of others did not / do not believe in schedules..
    Civil disobedience according to a schedule? Only in HK do we get that kind of idea.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 03-12-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I've HIPPO'd the past few pages. Tell me, was the word "hegemony" used?

Discosue. You've made your point. You can leave now.
    Seriously, you are either ignorant to the whole issue, or just out-right lying and spreading propaganda. Either way, theres no point in discussing with you any further.

Shri: What would the kids that are taking to the street know about 'free economy'? Many are still at home supported by their parents... many see this this as some sort of reality game. It is not!
    HK was a successful and free economy before OC came along. I would argue that OC has made it less free!
    If this movement really resonated with the people of HK then it would be being run by older and wiser individuals and not students.
    It is a great pity that this thread has been high jacked by the OC crowd, particularly the likes of Cho-man. I now know why there are very few people who hold an opposing view that are brave enough to post on this forum.
    To see this on a supposedly expat forum is quite disturbing.
    The sad thing is that true democracy is about the ability to have your opinions heard - not necessarily about having your opinions agreed with.
    If HK ever obtains true democracy then it will come with great ideological divisions as occurs in the USA, Australia, Canada, UK etc. These divisions generally occur as an almost 50 - 50 split. There will be increased arguments and anger and not less arguments and anger. If the younger generation of HK cannot argue without resorting to insults then HK will become a very unfriendly place.
    HK will consequentially be mired in short sighted point scoring. It will lack any real ability to make changes that are actually good for the country but may be unpopular to the voters. Voters are generally self centred and self obsessed. They rarely think of the greater good. This is particularly true in western countries and their handling of national debt.
    Not all decisions that are good for a country are popular decisions.
    As a final comment, as an expat who has lived under democracy in my home country and lived under the current regime in HK I have chosen HK. I watch in horror as my home country becomes paralysed by division.
    Democracy is not perfect...
    I have decided not to make anymore posts on this thread. If it was the intention of Cho-man etc to choke debate then they may consider that you have won. One day when they are older and more mature they might have a different view ...

I have decided not to make anymore posts on this thread.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Thank you.
    Keep on poking the bear eh

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast