Like Tree1871Likes

Occupy Central Updates

Closed Thread
Page 682 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 674 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 690 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by David Smith:
    This is somewhat surprising. Not that the police wanted to arrest him - but for money laundering?

Localist arrested in money laundering case - RTHK
    You are talking about that weird guy that dressed as a woman? I've got nothing against transgender people, but I thought he was really a woman when I first saw the poster.

And judging by the name, he is actually a Japanese? Or maybe an ethnic Japanese born and raised in HK?

The guy just struck me as a weirdo.

David Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    You are talking about that weird guy that dressed as a woman? I've got nothing against transgender people, but I thought he was really a woman when I first saw the poster.

And judging by the name, he is actually a Japanese? Or maybe an ethnic Japanese born and raised in HK?

The guy just struck me as a weirdo.
    Yes, that was my impression too. Seems he is HK Chinese, but changed is name (I think quite recently) to a Japanese one. Also judging from the news reports he was involved in Occupy and previously arrested for running a 'weapons factory' (although it sounds more like making wooden shields in a flat where there also 3 pellet guns for war games) and released without charge.

The alleged illegal money laundering came to light from an email from a state owned enterprise reporting an odd request to deposit money to two accounts in January 2015. Three summers is right the timing is odd, as the owner of the other account was arrested on 4 November.

http://twitter.com/NEOS_NOIR/status/...757953/photo/1
    "I want genuine universal suffrage"
    East_coast likes this.

Youngspiration rejects establishment link talk - The Standard
    Youngspiration is not an "establishment team B," newly elected district council member Kwong Po-yin said as she ruled out meeting an administration official for the time being.

The Umbrella group is being wooed keenly after a solid showing at the ballot box, with Kwong winning in Whampoa and partymate Yau Wai-ching losing narrowly to legislator Priscilla Leung Mei-fun in the same district.

Kwong has received invitations to meet from Undersecretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Ronald Chan Ngok-pang, Commission on Youth chairman Lau Ming- wai and pan-democratic legislator Raymond Wong Yuk-man.

But Kwong said she would focus on district affairs in the near future rather than meet Chan and any meeting needs to be formal.

People have gone online to query Youngspiration's background, especially that of convener Baggio Leung Chung-hang. And Kwong addressed the topic in rejecting ideas there could be connections to the establishment camp because of Leung's record.

He was president of the City University of Hong Kong Students' Union in 2007 and joined exchange programs to the mainland. He was also said to have met central government liaison office representatives.

Kwong said members had known of Leung's personal history, including him being a member of the Hong Kong Federation of Students.

That he went to the mainland or "shopped on Taobao" did not mean Youngspiration was tied to the establishment, Kwong said.

And "if we are pro- establishment team B, it wouldn't have been so hard [in the election]," she added.

Meanwhile, the Democratic Alliance for the Betterment and Progress of Hong Kong's Tam Yiu-chung said it had its fair share of achievement and loss in the polls. A notable success was four more seats in Kwai Tsing.
    Last edited by threesummers; 27-11-2015 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Smith:
    Yes, that was my impression too. Seems he is HK Chinese, but changed is name (I think quite recently) to a Japanese one. Also judging from the news reports he was involved in Occupy and previously arrested for running a 'weapons factory' (although it sounds more like making wooden shields in a flat where there also 3 pellet guns for war games) and released without charge.

The alleged illegal money laundering came to light from an email from a state owned enterprise reporting an odd request to deposit money to two accounts in January 2015. Three summers is right the timing is odd, as the owner of the other account was arrested on 4 November.
    Well, I am guessing the establishment folks won't think the media is going to make a big deal out of it by arresting a fringe candidate who had no realistic chance of winning anyway (judging by his strangeness).
    Last edited by Cho-man; 27-11-2015 at 07:56 AM.