Like Tree1870Likes

Occupy Central Updates

Page 775 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 767 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 783 ... LastLast

Charles Ho (Chairman of Sing Tao News Corporation Limited)

(in Cantonese)
    https://youtu.be/5OJ5at4VWG0
    At an awards ceremony, he said that the current state of the Hong Kong economy is the result of man-made disasters.

He also singles out Benny Tai, Joshua Wong and Edward Leung for criticism, saying that there's nothing outstanding about them.

I've seen so many policies and the Central Government has never stepped on Hong Kong, has never not supported Hong Kong, honestly speaking. So this bunch wanting independence, I don't know what they're on about - saying the CCP isn't good, going on about the Democratic Party etc..

With everything I've seen and experienced throughout the years with successive mainland governments, they truly have not said that they didn't want to see Hong Kong not have a good economy. So that's why I'm saying today that the current state of the economy is due to man-made disasters.

Note:
    Benny Tai - Co-founder of Occupy Central
    Joshua Wong - Convenor of Scholarism
    Edward Leung - Spokesperson for Hong Kong Indigenous

Last edited by threesummers; 19-03-2016 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by threesummers
    Charles Ho (Chairman of Sing Tao News Corporation Limited)

(in Cantonese)
    https://youtu.be/5OJ5at4VWG0
    At an awards ceremony, he said that the current state of the Hong Kong economy is the result of man-made disasters.

He also singles out Benny Tai, Joshua Wong and Edward Leung for criticism, saying that there's nothing outstanding about them.

I've seen so many policies and the Central Government has never stepped on Hong Kong, has never not supported Hong Kong, honestly speaking. So this bunch wanting independence, I don't know what they're on about - saying the CCP isn't good, going on about the Democratic Party etc..

With everything I've seen and experienced throughout the years with successive mainland governments, they truly have not said that they didn't want to see Hong Kong not have a good economy. So that's why I'm saying today that the current state of the economy is due to man-made disasters.

Note:
    Benny Tai - Co-founder of Occupy Central
    Joshua Wong - Convenor of Scholarism
    Edward Leung - Spokesperson for Hong Kong Indigenous

Relates to the above post -

The original clip is around 26 minutes long.

(in Cantonese)
    https://youtu.be/0pfg4MXIxD4
    He's extremely condescending & contemptuous in both speech and facial expression, the audience is eating it up - laughing uproariously at every put-down.

Rough Summary (09:00 to 24:25) -

Everything started with Occupy Central . . . with this bunch of mediocre people . . . likeBenny . . . whatshisname . . . ? What's his name again ? (he then refers to him as a moron) . . . He's supposedly a professor, but doesn't believe in being a professor or something ? Ran around spewing about civil disobedience . . . Is the current Miss Hong Kong here ? (she stands up) See ? Beautiful & academically accomplished, that's what we want to see in our youth . . . this bunch of people ? Useless. Benny Tai tried to get Occupy Central off the ground, but then got lapped by that punk that stole the spotlight, Joshua . . . ? What's that kid's name again ? . . .(he makes fun of the tears Benny Tai shed during Occupy)

Benny Tai gets invited to speak at various universities about Occupy. I don't know what the heads of those institutions are thinking. Give it up already, it's a lost cause. . . You hear Joshua Wong might study at Harvard/study abroad. . . you kiddin' me ? He wouldn't even pass the SAT, let alone keep up with the "ABC" . . . the English standards of today's students don't even compare with 30/40 years ago - they were 10 times better . . . So you see, today's universities are extremely low standard, as low as you can go . . . So yeah Joshua Wong, if you went to Harvard, you would last 2 days . . .

We are facing 2 issues: education & family upbringing . . . In America (land of democracy), after a kid graduates college, it's "Here's the door, you're on your own.", but in HK, parents don't want their kids to go through hardship, it's "Come home for soup, stay a while.", so you see a lot of young people on the streets. They don't need to work, they have food on the table, their parents provide for them, they have spare time to go out, to become wastrels. Education is a disaster for 2 reasons . . . Chinese language & Liberal Studies . . . students should be learning Mandarin & Chinese history (never mind patriotic education) . . . education standards need to be raised . . . 4 years ago, there were over 2,000 applications for a few trainee positions & not 1 HK applicant was hired because they weren't up to standard - most hires came from Singapore.

After Occupy, came the anti-parallel trading protests & you guys thought it was so great, not only did you harm HK's international image, you harmed - not the business owners, but your friends, family & neighbours because when you ruin the economy, it is the people around you that will lose their jobs.

Then came the riot . . . I've never heard of donations (pouring in after the riot) in the form of crisp, new bills . . . viagara . . . Then there's Edward whatshisname ? . . . The one that calls himself a localist . . . Edward Leung . . . he's really something . . . I was born in HK, I'm the localist - he's the one born on the mainland, claiming to be a localist . . . he's a swindler . . . so many young kids think he's a hero, following him to a bad end . . . he calls people "locusts", when he's one himself . . . then there's talk of independence . . . there's just no way that HK will be independent . . . and Edward, don't forget your university place is subsidized by the government, by us.

Elections are theatre. In the US, you have Trump. He's the best at it. He's out there shaking hands with everyone, down with the people, but I'll tell you this, I've known him over 20 years & I know he doesn't like to shake hands - afraid he'll get his hands dirty. He'll make contact & then quickly clasp your shoulder. It wasn't until this year that he actually shook hands with me for the 1st time . . . so in this world, don't go by what's on the surface, go by actions. . . don't go criticizing, you won't know how difficult something is until you try to do it yourself.

Okay - now is there anything else ? (audience laughter) . . . Oh yes, in regards to HK independence, don't ever put your trust in those revolutions trying to follow the American way, look at the Middle East.

Don't listen to those pan-dem legislators . . . even I once had hope in the Civic Party at their start as they were well-educated . . . I met with whatshisname ? Alan what ? . . . Now you've got Long Hair in Legco, what education does he have ? He's so low class . . . Okay, thanks everyone . . .
    Last edited by threesummers; 19-03-2016 at 04:20 PM.