Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree15Likes

Good finance advisors / Investment Advice

Frankly I have a similar setup (lower beta stocks though).

I feel the thread should be renamed .. any topic suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I feel the thread should be renamed .. any topic suggestions?
    Investment advice

Index vs Active

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    For something as simple as basic allocation investment, I would do some reading first. Most people won't go far wrong with a simple equity index tracking ETF or unit trust to cover off their long term investment plans.
    Agreed. Check this out https://us.spindices.com/spiva/#/about and insist on fee-only investment advice from SFC regulated (or equiv). Whatever you do do not take 'investment advice' from an 'adviser' who only has an insurance broking license. I've met too many people who have been flogged a 25yr saving plan that was a total rip off.

I am also interested to know about reputable, fee-based independent advisors in Hong Kong. I am subject to complicated compliance restrictions from work, where all stock investments are essentially not allowed, many funds and ETFs are restricted and the same goes for my wife. I also have no interest in purchasing any funds or insurance products with significant sales fees. It would be good to figure out optimal asset allocation and also the best short/medium-term instruments while I figure out what to do longer-term.

Quote Originally Posted by hksomewhere
    I am also interested to know about reputable, fee-based independent advisors in Hong Kong. I am subject to complicated compliance restrictions from work, where all stock investments are essentially not allowed, many funds and ETFs are restricted and the same goes for my wife. I also have no interest in purchasing any funds or insurance products with significant sales fees. It would be good to figure out optimal asset allocation and also the best short/medium-term instruments while I figure out what to do longer-term.
    I can suggest 2 in HK and one in Singapore.

Can you PM?

Have a look at this short story first

FIFA world cup - Investment banks prediction (after simulations)

Goldman Sachs - Brazil
    UBS - Brazil
    ING - Spain
    Nomura - NA
    Actual Winner - Germany

Goldman Sachs - Brazil
    UBS - Germany
    ING - Spain
    Nomura - Spain
    Actual Winner - France

(Source: Guardian.com)

These are the intelligent people and systems you are seeking advice from. They have knowledge of past but no one can predict the future. They can try to fix / adjust the future for you if you have billions but they can't do anything for few thousands.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4