Like Tree50Likes

Migrating and living in Australia

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

For a decent life.. It is not possible to get a low paid job in Australia

I think you need to consider that AUS future success especially economically has a high correlation to success of China. This will ebb and flow IMO. Also if you you are of non Anglo ethnicity you may face some discrimination there. I would not let these factors deter you but they are considerations you should not ignore.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Mat

Most pppl i know who moved to AUS and are not AUS (Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney in my exp), "hate" it after a few years. es lots of space and fresh products but high taxes, racism (the ones I talk about are Asian), slow and boring place (there is just so many Kangaroo you can see).

I have always like the place, but only went there as a tourist. It's always very different tourist / resident....and of course your background is important too.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

The economy of Australia is getting worse because China doesn't buy as much as steel or something related to mines as before.. Aus is now suffering from a lot of problems with economic.. And if you have car and house there.. It charges you a lot of tax.. One of my friends was there a long time and his annual salary was lower than 100000 aud.. He had to paid, a sum of 50% tax approximately (housing + car+ income). He immigrated to Australia more than 30 years and now he wanted to go back hk

Tw3

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_
    So, let me do the math. I could put my 1.5 M into shares and bonds and get a yield of 4.5% (now government bonds offer up to 3% and some shares (for example Westpac) offer 6%, so 4.5% seems very possible), and get A$5,600/month which would be more than enough to live rather comfortably? Then I could still get a part-time job, and get another A$2,000/month?

What's the catch? What am I missing?
    Hi Jeff have you successfully applied for Australian PR?

Tw3

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelydays
    Or it is not hard to get a part time job, the tax is high though..
    Lovelydays, what kind of part time job you could easily get over there?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8