Like Tree73Likes

2016 Legco Election - Candidates / FAQs

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

I honestly want to say that if enough democrats or HK independence shills make it, leave the city or prepare to survive for 1 year, 2 year max. These guys don't care about "Democracy" or the good of HK, they want to, and are here to KILL you.

Replacing a corrupt government with a murder squad is a path to total suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrex700:
    I honestly want to say that if enough democrats or HK independence shills make it, leave the city or prepare to survive for 1 year, 2 year max. These guys don't care about "Democracy" or the good of HK, they want to, and are here to KILL you.

Replacing a corrupt government with a murder squad is a path to total suicide.
    No one on the Pan-dem side is going to murder anyone soon MRex, you can relax now. The only death threats so far were on the pro-Beijing side. Remember to vote pan-dem if you love HK.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    He is at the bottom of the pile with 2% votes in the HKU POP polls. Not much of a chance.

Leaderboard is 3, 14, 10, 13, 5 , 15

If he had stayed with the Civic Party he would probably been a number 2 on Tanya Chan's list. He is by all accounts a very good district councillor, very media friendly and always gives a very good middle of the road quote which is perfect for RTHK III.
    shri likes this.

Good article:
    https://www.hongkongfp.com/2016/08/3...ritories-west/

Can anyone explain what power the Heung Kuk Yee has in Legco? Do they have "candidates"?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Good article:
    https://www.hongkongfp.com/2016/08/3...ritories-west/

Can anyone explain what power the Heung Kuk Yee has in Legco? Do they have "candidates"?
    The Kuk hold just one seat in LegCo.

The current administration is desperate to push through electoral reform legally so it can close the whole Hong Kong wants universal suffrage issue and get on with running the SAR (It assumes HK will be happy with Iranian style One Man One vote for one suitable candidate and two stooges). LegCo is finely poised with the Pan-Dam getting 56% of the popular vote giving them just enough seats to stop any constitutional changes.

At this LegCo election they will probably loose 2-3 seats that means Beijing are very close to their aim constitutional reform CCP style but within the law (even with legal gerrymandering). Every seat matters so the KUK and taxis matter)

The Kuk did plan to field more candidates but were supposely scared off (some serious threats) by the Liason office who run a tight ship of not allowing votes to be diluted so they will get more seats with less votes.

Some suggest that the Kuk do hold sway over large swathes of land in the New Territories that the Government want to use to create a visa free zones for Shenzhener's to live and commute to Shenzhen. The Government will get land sales tax, the KUK will get cash and very affluent Shenzheners will be able to live in a safer, more stable city with better education etc. The average Hong Konger will just see the border and one country two systems fudged further

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I figure I'll have to make my vote a tactical one. Where can I see the current polling?

@Claire ex-ax - You can see get the raw data here:

https://www.hkupop.hku.hk/english/re...ing/index.html

A bit easier to understand (even though it is in canto)

2016立法會選舉專頁 LegCo2016 | 香港01

Claire ex-ax likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

This is becoming the nastiest election I've seen. Our overlords are no longer content with having an invisible hand.

Gatts likes this.

David Smith

I find the wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...election,_2016 easier to understand. Someone is updating it regularly. It highlights the lists which are likely to win a seat based on current polling and also shows the trend over time.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast