Like Tree185Likes

NBA, Activision, Disney - Corporate America and the HK crisis

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @jimbo_jones - thats in 2019 .. as of today they're 98.73% mechanised.

yes. Mono culture and agribusiness model in a year. It will be 200% tomorrow and ai powered drones.

the guest workers are all programmers in nice air conditioned programming labs. Aeron chairs and free food and snacks and share options in China ai labs private public company.

Disney back in the news ... thanks to the Simpsons this time around.

The episode "One Angry Lisa", which first aired in October on television, is not available on the U.S. company's Disney Plus streaming service in Hong Kong, according to a check by Reuters.

The Financial Times first reported the absence of the episode.

In the episode, the character Marge Simpson is shown images of China's Great Wall during an exercise class as her instructor says: “Behold the wonders of China. Bitcoin mines, forced labour camps where children make smartphones.”
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/199992/

Of all the things to learn from China, HK seems to be picking up only the bad habits, like these sorts..

China and the PRC Chinese can rejoin reality when it finally builds up resilience to it and the fact that ppl can dislike them too (omg u mean liking them is not the only option in life) w/o disintegrating into a sobby mess. I'm not holding my breath for it tho, they can catch up when they finally wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    Of all the things to learn from China, HK seems to be picking up only the bad habits, like these sorts..
    I don't think this is a case of Disney being forced either by China or HK... just a case of self censorship incase something offends 1.x billion people.

Oh I misread that, you're right. Disney HK you!!

Something I never really got abt China, you know these sorts of stuff like contacting YT to remove results of the wrong anthem playing and saying it's the responsibility and duty of YT to not mislead that that might be real anthem of HK. Yeah no one's actually dumb enuff to misunderstand, we all get it the wrong anthem was played. You gotta wonder exactly what has gone so wrong with the Chinese psyche that somehow they can't seem to accept such a simple law of nature that when something happens, it actually happened.