Like Tree1943Likes

Hong Kong's steady descent into a police state

Page 132 of 140 FirstFirst ... 124 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_jones:
    There's a big difference between unauthorised press release (meant to go public) vs internal mail leaked to weibo via a snitch...
    Most organisations would expect staff to complain internally... That snitch cost the company a huge headache. So they fire the person that sent the email to keep the CCP happy, plus fire the snitch for getting them into external strife...

Do you actually read or understand anything that you post?

If you are going throw the retard / handicapped slurs, I would look at your own reading comprehension...
    I mistook the memo for a press release and hence the minor misnomer, BUT MY ORIGINAL point stands. People on the mainland weren’t outraged by the attacker working for Vitasoy, but rather because of the condolences for the attacker.

So perhaps you should read and THINK, before calling people handicapped.

My original post: (Bold applies even for memo)

Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    No one cared that the attacker worked for Vita once upon a time.

The uproar was because a current employee released an unauthorised press release on Vita letterhead sending their condolences to the attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    ”Supervisor’s discretion’ to terminate your employment with the company is the company firing you. Sounds like total BS.

As you are politically handicapped and can only read sources that agree with your narrow point of view, here is HKFP.

You still owe me several sources @East_coast . Consider this an interest free loan.

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/s/hong...-of-policeman/
    But that does not support what you said.

Article - 'condolences to the family'
    You - 'condolences to the attacker'

I am sure it was an error on your part to accidentally conflate the two and not intellectual dishonesty.
    shri and MatthieuTofu like this.

As you are politically handicapped and can only read sources that agree with your narrow point of view, here is HKFP.

You still owe me several sources @East_coast . Consider this an interest free loan.

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/s/hong...-of-policeman/
    The mainland influencers who are leaving Vitasoy all seem to be especially "resolute"

Not a hike goes by or a visit to a beach where we don't pick up some purple capped plastic bottles. Even though it's not Coca-Cola or Nestlé, I have still always despised vitasoy and their lack of accountability for the product packaging that makes the company so financially successful. They've caused quite some damage around Hong Kongs nature. So, unfortunately I won't take up this chance to buy shares when so low...

I try to draw a parallel with the terrorists in the states who murder dozens of children and then kill themselves, but... Hmm...somehow it doesn't add up.

Now we've got flower police!

Coolboy and hike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Welcome to Xinjiang
    You mean welcome to Xianggang.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Now we've got flower police!
    Haha yes here’s a comic, police supposed to select all flowers that violate NSL à la captcha.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ9AF6ig...dium=copy_link
    Pauljoecoe likes this.

On another thread you kept kept on desperately insisting black was white, and that this was "not political", yet here we are. Color me not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    But that does not support what you said.

Article - 'condolences to the family'
    You - 'condolences to the attacker'

I am sure it was an error on your part to accidentally conflate the two and not intellectual dishonesty.
    One evidently doesn't give condolences to a dead body. The comment was written in rushed. My point was that it wasn't about the guy being an employee.