Like Tree98Likes

LegCo 2020

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Uh oh. A non negligeable part of the pro Beijing voter base has moved to China
    https://twitter.com/krislc/st...658739712?s=21

Lol, they bought into the "Greater Bay Area" rhetoric too hard!

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    They clearly know how irrelevant the LegCo election is. The worst (best) that could happen is a Pyrrhic victory for the Pan Dems.
    prospectiveHKer likes this.

Who would these people be?
    @MatthieuTofu I'm kind of dismayed to hear Joshua Wong is making a big fuss about not following the rules to get elected and a Legco seat. Why the heck can't the pro-democratic group simply play the bloody game and then get the power we need to help shape policy? This is very frustrating for me.

Rant: And by the way, I think he is dead wrong and has no evidence that the international community really cares about him or even Hong Kong, if that's his tactic to get attention. The international community would likely never really care much about Hong Kong, but especially now when there are plenty of other problems "at home". What did the international community do when the CCP gunned down hundreds of its own citizens? Nothing. That hasn't changed.

We lost six seats before, I sure as hell hope they get their act together to just get the seats and get on with what we can manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    @MatthieuTofu I'm kind of dismayed to hear Joshua Wong is making a big fuss about not following the rules to get elected and a Legco seat. Why the heck can't the pro-democratic group simply play the bloody game and then get the power we need to help shape policy? This is very frustrating for me.
    They will probably say because the game is rigged against them anyway. It excuses everything.

Rant: And by the way, I think he is dead wrong and has no evidence that the international community really cares about him or even Hong Kong, if that's his tactic to get attention. The international community would likely never really care much about Hong Kong, but especially now when there are plenty of other problems "at home". What did the international community do when the CCP gunned down hundreds of its own citizens? Nothing. That hasn't changed.

We lost six seats before, I sure as hell hope they get their act together to just get the seats and get on with what we can manage.

What rules? If you mean not signing the confirmation form it isn’t part of the rules anyway. It’s not required by law and even if you do sign it you can still be disqualified (cf Edward Leung).

What rules? If you mean not signing the confirmation form it isn’t part of the rules anyway. It’s not required by law and even if you do sign it you can still be disqualified (cf Edward Leung).
    Ok then can you please explain what is now required of new candidates running AND what will be required of them if elected?

And then, what are they saying they WON'T do?

(Sorry, I wanted to ask you about this generally... I realize my post came off the wrong way, but I see the headlines of Joshua Wong challenging some procedures...)

Ok then can you please explain what is now required of new candidates running
    Only the returning officer knows the answer to that question. Previously they have disagreed with a candidates statement believing it not to be true. Inreality no one really knows.

what will be required of them if elected?
    Opposing planned legislation will probably become subversive but one really knows.

And then, what are they saying they WON'T do?
    As I understand it (but could be wrong) Sign a document that seems to put some articles of the basic law above others which would also probably result in DQ on the first vote in Legco on any controversial law that a legislator voted to pushback to the executive.
    MatthieuTofu and Elegiaque like this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_a...e-following-me

I guess the national security law is already helping the CCP...

EDIT: Does the preview show incorrectly for everyone else? It's a short interview with Joshua Wong about him being followed.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world...aw/ar-BB16OZt1

No need to be overexercised over what is merely a pretext...I do hope they choose wisely though, I don’t know what that is.