Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By traineeinvestor
  • 3 Post By junichitsuyo
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

Bus or mtr from/to Airport (Wuhan corona virus)

Closed Thread

Bus or mtr from/to Airport (Wuhan corona virus)

Hi, I just found out that MTR disinfects its trains every 2 hours and public bus changes its air filter from 2 to 4x a month. However, when I asked the bus customer service, they don't have info on when they disinfect.

1. So is it better to take MTR? It takes 1hour ride in MTR and E bus, 45 minutes in A bus. I'm from Yuen Long.
    2. Any info when bus companies disinfects their buses seats and handrails?

I'd take a taxi as first choice in spite of the much higher cost.

Based on the state of seats in the buses (admittedly urban ones) and the MTR (not airport express - it's been a while since I took that), I'd pick the MTR every time.

Coolboy likes this.

I think the buses are fine. Just wear a mask and don't touch your face or eyes until you get to the airport. Wash your hands immediately when you get to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by junichitsuyo:
    I think the buses are fine. Just wear a mask and don't touch your face or eyes until you get to the airport. Wash your hands immediately when you get to the airport.
    or carry disfectant tissues and clean your hands
    junichitsuyo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by djtron99:
    Hi, I just found out that MTR disinfects its trains every 2 hours and public bus changes its air filter from 2 to 4x a month. However, when I asked the bus customer service, they don't have info on when they disinfect.

1. So is it better to take MTR? It takes 1hour ride in MTR and E bus, 45 minutes in A bus. I'm from Yuen Long.
    2. Any info when bus companies disinfects their buses seats and handrails?
    According to the MTR press release, only stations are disinfected every 2 hours (after all I can't imagine all the trains being thoroughly cleaned every 2 hours.)
    https://www.mtr.com.hk/archive/corpo...R-20-006-E.pdf

I'd go for the E bus personally, just don't touch the handrails if you're worried. Wash your hands when you get to work and get back home. Nothing else you can do...