View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast
    Original Post Deleted
    For me anyway, I'm not tossing out a N95 mask after wearing it out and about for a couple of hours. Though I didn't buy them myself, and they were a gift to me, I find it odd to toss them out after a single use.

The security guard in my building complained to me that it must be expensive to toss my N95 mask after a single use. It didn't dawn on me that one would do that.

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/...lifespan-data/

For normal facial masks, if I go out for a couple of hours and not in a crowded place, I don't get the feeling that I need to toss them out. But maybe I'm wrong about that. I'm just surprised that people have told me how odd it is for me to reuse my mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    ....and as if they read my post early here on Geoexpat, the condoms are now all gone....

Some posts circulating online about how it’s a lift button presser to protect your finger from germs. I have doubts

Condoms are used for this:

Name:  Screenshot_20200206-232454__01.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  194.4 KB

WeeRandomer and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    Some posts circulating online about how it’s a lift button presser to protect your finger from germs. I have doubts
    Safe lifting is everyone's responsibility
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Tried to do an online shop at PnS last night, but when I finally got through the wait screen (didn't take long as it was 3am HK time) , there were no delivery slots. Thought I'd have a look now and can't even get the wait screen, just an apache error page. Anyone been successful getting shopping delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    we had panic buying of eggs last week...
    Add to that - panic buying of sanitary pads. Not me though. After hearing about frenzy over toilet papers, I thought "wbt sanitary pads,eh?" Soon enough, I found out they were all gone.

I believe God has many more surprises for me to SEE.
    MABinPengChau and JAherbert like this.

I vaguely recalling overhearing a conversation during lunch between 2 late 20s ladies that one of them is now staying home more so thought she would try and buy a set of mahjong. Nope, they were sold out as well.

Next thing would be paranoia that there will be power cuts, queue mass hysteria of buying canisters of gas and batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Tried to do an online shop at PnS last night, but when I finally got through the wait screen (didn't take long as it was 3am HK time) , there were no delivery slots. Thought I'd have a look now and can't even get the wait screen, just an apache error page. Anyone been successful getting shopping delivered?
    Happened to me also. I had a time slot a week away, stupidly decided to go back and add something, then slot was taken. Can't even do click and collect.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Similar problems. No delivery slots are shown.

We are stocked for the weekend.. Went to the local wet market and a large 759.

Lets see what happens next week.

Meanwhile here in the Philippines the price for a surgical mask is HKD 1.15. They authorities visited the stores because of reports of overpricing. Most were selling at HKD 0.9 to HKD 1.15. Stores selling at more were given show cause orders to explain why. If they fail to do so they can be closed down.

Illegal street vendors were found to be selling at HKD 1.50 to HKD 3.00. Some had the masks consficated.

JAherbert likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast