View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

    1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

    5 5.68%
  • One each day

    34 38.64%
  • One every other day

    22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

    26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Reply
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast
  1. #401

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,870
    Original Post Deleted
    I think the tweeter was positing that promoting the mask production project led to more publicity which helped boost the share price, and therefore the money raised from the placement of shares of the company would be larger (or shares issued fewer). I suppose this is premised on some irrationality in the pricing of shares, but that isn’t such a scorned-on concept anymore.

  2. #402

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    14,016

    BTW HKTVmall have just upped their free delivery amount threshold to HKD800 spend.


  3. #403

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    We can still get them from Marketplace (by Jason) online. Only two sets allowed per order though. Unlike, Park n' Shop's website that either crashes or has a high traffic load making us difficult to get an access unto it, Marketplace's is fine.
    Looks like you were lucky, now they are saying all delivery and click and collect slots are full. I managed to get through Parknshop yesterday and actually secured a delivery slot, only for it to then say it was gone (and huge waits in-between each step). Seriously wondering where I'm going to get toilet rolls from at this rate.

  4. #404

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by mused:
    Looks like you were lucky, now they are saying all delivery and click and collect slots are full. I managed to get through Parknshop yesterday and actually secured a delivery slot, only for it to then say it was gone (and huge waits in-between each step). Seriously wondering where I'm going to get toilet rolls from at this rate.
    Not sure where you guys live/work, but first thing at the posh fusion in Cheung Kong Centre (around 8am) has been easy to get TP. I went at 9am last sat and missed the last rolls of TP. Went back on sunday morning at 8.15am and bought 4 'bags' of TP. couldve gotten more but didnt need it. one to my folks, one to my brother's family, one to my buddy who's just had a kid and one for me. should hopefully last until things normalise...

  5. #405

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,417
    Quote Originally Posted by mused:
    Looks like you were lucky, now they are saying all delivery and click and collect slots are full. I managed to get through Parknshop yesterday and actually secured a delivery slot, only for it to then say it was gone (and huge waits in-between each step). Seriously wondering where I'm going to get toilet rolls from at this rate.
    The office area supermarkets have stock generally if you go before office hours are up (3-5pm).

  6. #406

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    4,680
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    BTW HKTVmall have just upped their free delivery amount threshold to HKD800 spend.
    oh no!!! Am a gold vip and only had to order $350 for free delivery and its also increased to $800.
    Fortunately its only till the end of the month.

  7. #407

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    Not sure where you guys live/work, but first thing at the posh fusion in Cheung Kong Centre (around 8am) has been easy to get TP. I went at 9am last sat and missed the last rolls of TP. Went back on sunday morning at 8.15am and bought 4 'bags' of TP. couldve gotten more but didnt need it. one to my folks, one to my brother's family, one to my buddy who's just had a kid and one for me. should hopefully last until things normalise...
    That's exactly the place I was thinking of going. My partner just queued up at our local supermarket for over an hour (one of the early ones) and managed to get 2 rolls!

  8. #408

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by mused:
    That's exactly the place I was thinking of going. My partner just queued up at our local supermarket for over an hour (one of the early ones) and managed to get 2 rolls!

    and if you use the self-service counters, there's no queueing!

  9. #409

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    May be someone can translate this. The online translation is messed up ,but it appears that the ballers at HKTV Mall went out and bought the equopment and raw materials or something.... 1M mask capacity in HK.

    https://www.facebook.com/hktvmall/po...12521312187074
    the post explains the mid (filter) layer part is the most important and hardest to come by, rejoice they just received enough materials for producing over 1 million masks. No word on the outer or inner layers though lol.

  10. #410

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    oh no!!! Am a gold vip and only had to order $350 for free delivery and its also increased to $800.
    Fortunately its only till the end of the month.
    800 is a steep rise but not unexpected, the online orders have skyrocketed recently, someone has to pay for all the free deliveries. (they were already struggling before the outbreak)

Reply
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 49 ... LastLast