View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Next items to panic buy
    So, brace up for yet another shortage. Go, buy scissors and all the stuffs before it's too late. We can thank the scientists later.

Original Post Deleted
    You think there's infinite production capacity? Yes, they can use up the slack that was in the system but they aren't going to invest in more equipment for a once-in-a-decade occurrence.

Yes, first year BSc Economics teaches you that if demand outstrips demand then supply will increase to match demands but that's assuming a 100% efficient economy. We do not live in a 100% efficient economy.

Toilet paper is...

“a better gift than wine now,” he said.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-and-hong-kong

Friends gathering at a restaurant in Hong Kong this week were asked to bring contributions of face masks or toilet paper for a lucky draw.
    And in a sign of love in the time of the coronavirus, photos of bouquets stuffed with instant noodles and vegetables instead of roses are making the rounds of Singapore’s finance WhatsApp groups for Valentine’s Day after a run on supermarkets forced them to impose limits on shoppers.

The Philippine government has offered 4 year tax holiday and zero import duty on capital goods for mask manufacturers.

Not many, if any, are going to be shipped from here for a while as the manufacturers have committed supply to the Dept of Health first.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    Sorry, if it's already been posted. Anyone attempted this method ?

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ong-scientists
    I suspect a lot of aunties will be happy since they already have the middle one
    https://craziestgadgets.com/wp-conte...ace-shield.jpg

Original Post Deleted
    Sigh, bartering of disposable paper products really supports the 'failed state' narrative. This is just crazy.
    HKsb likes this.

Toilet paper and rice available at our local Wellcome. Maybe the panic buying is letting up.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    Toilet paper and rice available at our local Wellcome. Maybe the panic buying is letting up.
    I don’t want to appear like a paranoid local but could we possibly have a new thread which states a time a place, what the product is available and how much supply?

For example Park and Shop Sai Kung 5pm toilet rolls available but running out

that is an EXAMPLE NOT a fact [emoji12]

can you use vodka spray when you can't find rubbing alcohol? lol

my SO just happen to be at Taste yesterday when they had toilet paper in stock. we got lucky. i went to Taste again today and it was all out. we were down to last roll. lol

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 ... LastLast