View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Fusion NOW !!! United centre/Admiralty not over priced - but going quickly !!!
    That's our go-to place and they seem to get a shipment every morning. Very dependable.

Is there a real underlying shortage of loo roll? If so why? How many loo rolls can the average family in Hong Kong use in a week?

Hurry up, only 1 left!!!. At only $994.99 USD! it's a steal and free shipping to Hong Kong included.

Name:  mask.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  337.5 KB

https://www.amazon.com/Vogmask-Organ...1828913&sr=8-4

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Is there a real underlying shortage of loo roll? If so why? How many loo rolls can the average family in Hong Kong use in a week?
    YES and good question!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie1:
    That's our go-to place and they seem to get a shipment every morning. Very dependable.
    Totally flies in the face of a comment I made on another thread yesterday about staying around NT. I gauged the supplies on the Island were better and figured it being Sunday I would take the chance. Public transport was empty. 99.99 per cent wearing masks.
    Jackie1 likes this.

I can't buy any masks and am due to be in HK next week. Would it be a social issue if I take public transport, move around in my neighbourhood, and walk around the common areas my residential building without a mask? What if I take Uber? Would drivers refuse to take me?

Quote Originally Posted by coffeebean:
    I can't buy any masks and am due to be in HK next week. Would it be a social issue if I take public transport, move around in my neighbourhood, and walk around the common areas my residential building without a mask? What if I take Uber? Would drivers refuse to take me?
    Edited to state I don’t want this to turn into a mask v non mask bun fight.

It’s definitely a social issue in public places and MTR. Don’t worry about a mask. Just print the attached off and hand out to people. I wished I had this morning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...n-2020-2%3famp

Obviously if you have any visible symptoms that resemble cold or flu a mask is 100 per cent essential both to reduce the germ spreading and out of common politeness.

As to Uber and other similar things they will be glad of your business mask or no mask.

There isn’t a shortage, it’s just that demand is outstripping, not supply, but the time needed to restock shelves in tiny supermarkets.

Rumour-mongers started spreading fear that their will be a shortage of 6 months, so locals went apeshit to stockpile them.
    kimwy66 and tinlissie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeebean:
    Try to get a few at the airport if you can. Public transport can still get quite crowded despite many people working from home. I've heard of bus drivers who will refuse to drive you if you don't have a mask on, I suppose some taxi drivers might do the same.

Family of 3 and we use the entire 12 pack in maybe 1 week and a half to 2 weeks...
    Multiply that by popo/uncle buying 2 months' worth for grandchildren, in-laws and themselves and you've got a lot flying off shelves...

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 ... LastLast