View Poll Results: How many face masks do you consume each day?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than four

1 1.14%
  • Between two to four

5 5.68%
  • One each day

34 38.64%
  • One every other day

22 25.00%
  • I do not wear mask

26 29.55%
Like Tree937Likes

Fluhan - Medical Supplies, Groceries & Other Shortages

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    This ad that appears on Geoexpat for masks is legit, they are a local client of ours that makes heated hiking wear, they ordered in a large supply of masks- yes, crazy expensive at 599 HKD but I need supply for office so I bit the bullet. Says delivery on Tuesday- they had sent us an e-mail yesterday that the supply was here. Anyway, I am giving it a try, I do think they will come. I feel responsible to have masks for employees, at any price...

https://polarseal.me/products/box-of...EaAuKcEALw_wcB
    599 hkd per box !!! ( I sincerely hate this 99 added after a digit. For e.g. - 199 instead of 200, 299 instead of 300. What's that called in mathematical terms? 599, eh?? It's 600, easily. The marketing strategy or whatever s*** is beyond me).

Anyway, I thought the ad was just another spam, good that it's not. Few weeks back, I was almost about to make a big fool of myself by purchasing a box of mask tagged at a hefty price of 900 HKD. Now, that I've gotten some from a friend overseas, I will have the luxury to not fret over a mask for a while.

Peng Chau: Come for the fresh air, stay for the toilet roll

It's still pretty uncrowded here on Peng Chau- over 50 percent of Chinese people outdoors are not wearing masks (close to 100 percent for gweilo). After the initial run on toilet paper which I participated in, we are fully stocked, all day, every day. Today some paper towels/kitchen roll were out but our streets are paved with toilet paper! Have an outing, empty trails and beaches, fresh air, bring as many packs of paper home with you as you like (I haven't seen any limits posted).

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    I know I shouldn't be surprised but it's truly remarkable how detached from reality these people are. Not one deserves their position or salary, not one with even the remotest semblance of an idea, no leadership, no empathy, nothing...

I overheard one of the most absurd thing today:

”I rang my elderly father this morning and he was so happy he had bought some face masks. I asked him where he got them from, and if he had paid $200-300 per box, and he admitted it. He’s so politically deep blue.”

This coming from a person who is a father or 2 and constantly complains he does not have enough face masks at home.

Started a new at home student today. Not only did they pay my fee but presented me with a sealed box of 30 N95 face masks (Japanese).
    That together with the wife getting two bags of toilet paper (Wellcome, right place right time) and KaiBo stocking rice again, it has been a remarkable last 7 days.

Original Post Deleted
    Hong Kong, "Asia's World City" where you need to barter for toilet roll.

You got to love the ‘freest’ economy, in the world.
    hongkong7, MatthieuTofu and HKsb like this.

Plenty of bog roll and kitchen towels at Taste in Festival Walk yesterday. Oh and also plenty of rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

You got to love the ‘freest’ economy, in the world.
    that's more than the missus and I use all year

Quote Originally Posted by coffeebean:
    I can't buy any masks and am due to be in HK next week. Would it be a social issue if I take public transport, move around in my neighbourhood, and walk around the common areas my residential building without a mask? What if I take Uber? Would drivers refuse to take me?

No issue at all, the only place that make you wear them apparently are public hospitals. I haven't worn one since the whole thing started and nobody has ever spoken negatively about it to me. Seems most Gweilos aren't wearing any, that's certainly been true for the foreign clients and staff at HSBC, my doctors, most restaurants and bars etc.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 17-02-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    Skyhook likes this.

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast