Like Tree1674Likes

COVID-19 - Feb Week 2 News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1226305024550150144

The number of fatalities in China outside the epicenter is continuing to rise.

- Feb. 4: 0 deaths
    - Feb. 5: 3 deaths
    - Feb. 6: 4 deaths
    - Feb. 7: 5 deaths
    - Feb. 8: 8 deaths

Original Post Deleted
    That seems obvious to most, except for maybe Junius Ho.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedequatio:
    I guess it explains the fact that in HK, suspected cases are tested 2-3 times... I guess that’s a luxury they don’t have back in the mainland.
    junichitsuyo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by balancedequatio:
    I have a clinic appointment tomorrow, and I admit that I do have a concern about going. It's usually crowded there with a good number of people suffering the flu or cold.

But I have been waiting for this particular appointment for over 6 months.

I'm going over the game plan in my head of how to get in and out without incident. And to tell myself not to be irrational about it.

Face mask is required and they hand one out if you don't have one, but I'm bringing my own-- even though there's evidence from some experts that they are useless. I will bring along some hand sanitizer of my own.

I'm debating if I should also wear something like swimming goggles to be really over the top. Or wear a pair of surgical gloves or a KFC plastic mitten

What about surfaces? Should I take a seat in the waiting room?

I usually arrive much earlier for appointments, but I'm thinking maybe this is one time I get there just on time.

Anyone recently just decide to cancel or not show up for their clinic appointment because of the current outbreak?
    Clinics are more aware of the need for care than anywhere. Just wear your mask, wash your hands and stop panicking. You have no more chance of catching something nasty than you would during a normal flu season, probably less with all the precautions now being taken.
    balancedequatio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    WHO say new coronavirus cases are stabilizing. Is it? I have no idea given the uncertainty of the available numbers:

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...0-20200209.htm
    In fairness the way I read other reports WHO were adding caveats.
    Coolboy likes this.

Doe anyone have a full version of the Bloomberg article posted by elle earlier? I can't access it because bloomberg say my free article limit is up. I asked earlier but my post got deleted for some mysterious reason.

Scholars in China have had enough of the unjust punishment on the late doctor Li Wenliang, who was the first to warned about the outbreak and was punished by the authorities for it. They are demanding free speech. I fear these scholars will be the next to "die from the virus".

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuha...navirus-2020-2

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Doe anyone have a full version of the Bloomberg article posted by elle earlier? I can't access it because bloomberg say my free article limit is up. I asked earlier but my post got deleted for some mysterious reason.
    Try to use another browser on your computer if you have one for the link. That's what I usually do.
    Coolboy and Jackie1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    I guess it explains the fact that in HK, suspected cases are tested 2-3 times... I guess that’s a luxury they don’t have back in the mainland.
    https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1226301678191816704

600 people in China who recovered from coronavirus were discharged yesterday, by far the highest number of releases in 1 day
    Certainly hope none of those discharged people were only given a single test that have a high rate of false negatives.
    Coolboy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    can't stop the anti-mask idiots
    Coolboy and Loz_2 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast