Like Tree1674Likes

COVID-19 - Feb Week 2 News & Discussions

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

I'm still waiting for the anti-mask people to explain to me how only washing your hands will stop you from inhaling an infected person's water droplets when they are talking.

JAherbert and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthieuTofu:
    I'm still waiting for the anti-mask people to explain to me how only washing your hands will stop you from inhaling an infected person's water droplets when they are talking.
    bacteria can travel on air currents, wrapped in a water droplet and remain viable upto 6km. Now, I have no idea about this new coronavirus , but for SARS virus there is medical evidence it happened at Amoy Gardens.

Can't find the link anymore but earlier today Reuter's was posting that CAT scans were going to be accepted as evidence of corona virus infection. Another site posted the unique features of corona-virus based pneumonia, apparently cloudy regions appear near the edges of the lungs which is a unique characteristic allowing them to make a diagnosis. If this is true, I wonder if the infection numbers will make a jump upwards in a couple of days...

Suggestion for buying toilet paper: try the morning in a less residential area. This morning the Fusion in United Centre, Admiralty, had some still at 9:30am (they open at 9). The shelves were getting low, so doubtful any there now, but they receive regular shipments and there was zero queuing. I'd thought they restock later in the day, but looks like (this store at least) is stocking these quick-to-sell-out items right before opening.

Plenty of toilet paper on Peng Chau- make an outing of a TP run...

2 welcome trucks came to deliver goods, loads of rice and toilet papers arrived, suddenly a line started forming, in less than 5 mins 50 ppl were lined up outside our welcome lol

The delivery guys were shouting "Everyone clam down, there is lots of stock available, we just cant deliver intime"

AsianXpat0, junichitsuyo and shri like this.

The fact that people are still doing this is crazy.

Calm down! There is a normal plentiful supply and the only reason the shelves are bare is YOU GUYS! Panic buying mass quantities of everything and lining up to buy as much as you can because sykrr afraid you'll miss out. This is what's dwindling supply. Nothing else.

The panic feeds more panic, of people who normally wouldn't panic but decide to panic the buy anyway just in case, because they fear the hordes will take everything.

Just stop this and act normal and it will be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Can't find the link anymore but earlier today Reuter's was posting that CAT scans were going to be accepted as evidence of corona virus infection. Another site posted the unique features of corona-virus based pneumonia, apparently cloudy regions appear near the edges of the lungs which is a unique characteristic allowing them to make a diagnosis. If this is true, I wonder if the infection numbers will make a jump upwards in a couple of days...
    I wonder how quickly that develops?

supermarkets finally managed to have common sense where they labeled that each person is only allowed to buy 2 off each certain items, they should have done this from the beginning instead of letting morons buy 10 packs of rice each or 10 packs of toilet rolls causing shortages.

Jackie1, AliT and shri like this.

About toilet paper... First of all, don’t wipe, wash ! Use water and wash your—whatever—body parts, with or without soap, water only cleans. Secondly, linen or cotton cloths are—in all aspects—good. I stopped to use those paper cloths and tissues a long time ago.

About the epidemic, to protect oneself, essentially, eat and live well so your immune system and the rest can resist any illness and in particular that one.
    In a relevant context, we can wear airtight masks and goggles (e.g. swimmer’s). Our eyes are the only body inner part that opens directly to the outside. Eyelids up, no membrane protects us here, in this epidemic, i reckon that eyes are probably the primary entry for viruses to enter new carriers/victims.
    AsianXpat0, Baklava and vyral_143 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast